News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you do when you retire ?

Started by ACUDANUT, October 28, 2018, 08:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

When the time comes, I want to do the motorhome thing with my wife and see the country. Drive for a while to a few destinations, then come back home & do it all over again, and again.

alfaitalia

Sounds like a plan....would take me about a week to do that here....lol!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Challenger340

I still pretty much do the same things I did before I retired, but I have just re-prioritized the time spent doing each ?

Whereas before the Shop was all encompassing priority, 8 hrs a day(sometimes 10-12) and often 7 days a week trying to keep up, leaving diddly time for anything else ?
Now everything else called having a life gets priority, with the Engines/Machining only on a strictly "as time permits and if/when I feel like it" hobby basis.   
Many are NOT happy about it, but I sure am !

Only wimps wear Bowties !

b5blue

AKcharger

I retiredfromthe AF after 27 years and  was a house bum for about 6 months...it was awesome! Then started another career, but have much more time home now. So works good :-)

Retirement is Incredible as long as your prepared!

ACUDANUT

I am too Military I guess. I need a schedule and things to do. I have to keep busy or I go nuts.

Back N Black

I'm retiring from the military in 15 months, I have no plans to start a new career. If I get bored maybe work part time.

Fred

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 05, 2018, 02:22:12 PM
I am too Military I guess. I need a schedule and things to do. I have to keep busy or I go nuts.

Same here, can't sit still for a minute.
I still keep busy maintaining the property (house and garden)  There's always enough to do if you really want something to do. You only have to look around.  I also work out in my little gym to keep fit. So I do pretty much what I always did except go to work.
The best thing though is I don't have to cram it all into a weekend. I now have seven days a week. I choose which days I want to do what.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

b5blue

Living in Florida as I do I'm exempt from the mandatory retired persons trip down here.  :lol: (All are welcome!) 

ACUDANUT

Living in Kansas during the winter can bring on the blues.

AKcharger

CAUTION TO RETIRING MILITARY if you don't start a second career you have a 95% chance of becoming morbidly obese, growing a beard to compensate for hair loss and wear some verterans's hat as you proudly demand your 10% discount to at HD or Lowes

ACUDANUT

Only Air Force guys do that LOL. On a serious note, what do retired Military folks do about getting life insurance ? Where ?

b5blue

Through OPM they can deduct it right out of your allotment.  :2thumbs: (I was USAF but retired from V.H.A.)

ACUDANUT

I don't get a allotment. I retired as a Reservist. Still waiting for the magic Number of 60.  I am 51.

AKcharger

:rofl:    :nana:

Retirees are eligible for Tricare Prime for a VERY reasonable fee, and we've been happy. 2 years ago Mrs got uber sick, was in hospital for 3 months, bill was $1.3 MILLION...MILLION my cost $3500

ACUDANUT

Tricare seems to be going away in 2019. My Dental plan dies then. WTF

RallyeMike

Jules:
I'll just walk the earth.

Vincent:
What'cha mean walk the earth?

Jules:
You know, walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Kane in Kung Fu.

:icon_smile_cool:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

Petebell68

Waiting for the kids to finish school then we're moving to a house near the beach and ski hills .We look all the time .
Building or renovating a garage for me to play with cars . We will still go camping probably get a couples unit or motorhome .
Wife wants chickens so she'll get them . Retirement is a compromise you and the wife have to want things for each other to do .