News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Headlight door motor

Started by krops cars, October 30, 2018, 10:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

Had a guy rebuild my headlight door motor. Works, but the piece that operates the rod to open the doors is installed incorrectly. How do you change the location. This is why I try to do everything myself. I will be out of commission for awhile and this is something I wanted done before it happens.

70 sublime

I have had one apart

Think you have to take it apart
There is a gear inside with bumps on it to hit the stop switches
You will have turn it a couple teeth and put it back together
Caution as it is a pain to get the electric switch part back together so take apart slowly so you can see where things need to go back together

Another thought
Is your square rod that turns the head light doors got a twist to it ?
Maybe you just need to take it out and flip it end to end to get a different end point that way ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

krops cars

One side is thicker. I think one side of the square is .17 something and the other side is .23 something.

70 sublime

Square or rectangle shape
If you lay it flat on a table is the rod twisted at all ?

krops cars

70 sublime

Well I guess you are stuck taking it apart so you can change where the on off switches activate

krops cars

I think I figured it out. I did the relay upgrade. I never watched the rotation of the rod. I will bet that I have the 2 wires switched. I will not be able to check as I will be laid up for a 4 weeks.