News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B body parking brake switch.

Started by BLK 68 R/T, October 30, 2018, 06:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

Anyone know if these are reproduced or not? Seems to be a pretty elusive part. 2889053 only turns up a few results for some expensive ebay ones. Is there another part that will fit and function but might not be 100% correct? It's for my 68 charger.

70 sublime

Does a trunk light switch work the same way ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BLK 68 R/T

I thought about that, but I think it's an L shape instead of straight? Have to go look and see if I have one kicking around somewhere.  :cheers:

A383Wing

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: A383Wing on October 31, 2018, 12:49:22 AM
Use a door jamb switch

Bryan

I'll give that a try, I have some of those actually. :2thumbs:

Edit: door jamb switch won't work without drilling out the bracket, plus the ones I have have the plastic insulator tube on the back (original ones from my car?) and the retaining nut wont fit anyways.

gtx6970

E brake switch is all by itself. and it takes a thin nut on the back side to retain it
Trunk light switch has an L shape connector. ALTHOUGH it MIGHT work ( never tried to say with any certainty or not )

door jam switches are entirely different

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 09, 2018, 07:53:37 PM
E brake switch is all by itself. and it takes a thin nut on the back side to retain it
Trunk light switch has an L shape connector. ALTHOUGH it MIGHT work ( never tried to say with any certainty or not )

door jam switches are entirely different

I finally ended up sourcing the correct one on ebay for $26 bucks. Not bad considering all the other ones I found were in the $55-75 dollar range.
I'm curious if the trunk light switch would work as well? Not sure if they are easier to come by than the parking brake switch though  :lol:

BLK 68 R/T

I found a trunk light switch. Same threads as the door jamb switch. Here is the side by side comparison. My old parking brake switch is missing the part where the wire connects.

ODZKing

BLK 68 R/T