News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who/where is the $400 904 AT transmission rebuild vendor?

Started by jogirob, October 31, 2018, 09:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jogirob

Hello all,
I was browsing the forums yesterday for info on doing a transmission change/rebuild and came upon a thread where somebody recommended a vendor that does the 904 rebuild for $400 shipped. He has two letters as his user name. VW, VD, DW ?

Lennard

Must have been RD. I don't think he's visiting this forum anymore.

c00nhunterjoe

400 bucks isnt going to get you much. Thats got to be bare bones basic. And i cant see how that price can include shipping 2 ways either.

jogirob

Yea come to think of it I remember seeing a date of 2015ish on whatever thread that was. Things have certainly gotten more expensive. Got myself the FSM, Haynes, and the Amazon A-904/747 rebuild book and hours of Youtube vids. Gonna attempt to tackle it myself and save myself the $1750 quoted around my area. (Remove, rebuild, install)

c00nhunterjoe

Cost of parts have not changed that much. A few dollars on a basic kit. But even then, clutches, steels, seals and bands will run you almost that. Not to mention he included shipping on a transmission? Thats insane. Even 400 in just labor is a good deal, PLUS parts.
   If you are going to tackle it yourself, have the fsm, a huge table to lay everything out in order, and buy the seal installers to prevent knicking them on install. And aircheck aircheck air check, prior to final assembly.