News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painting the trunk

Started by BrugeeRT, March 21, 2022, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

So I have been going over this in my mind a few times and can't decide what to do.   I'm about ready to put the quarters on but want to get as much paint wise done in the trunk because I can't imagine squeezing myself into the trunk to paint when it goes back together.   I know I can reach through the backside where the seat goes but I still don't think that would be easy.  Everything is coated in epoxy primer.  The black on the trunk floor is just black epoxy primer.
     Should I just spray everything in sealer over the primer and sand so the only thing I have to do is paint when the trunk is back together?   Should I paint the underside of the package tray and leave the rest until it is all together?   I don't want to paint the whole thing as I still will have to weld around the rear tail panel.  What is the best order?
Mark

469 runner

Mine was painted during a restoration.  Still has all original panels.  The trunk, inner quarters, wheelhouses, everything is bright blue, QQ1 and has a high gloss.  I imagine you'd do just as well.  Paint after all body work is done.

misty440

dont mean to hijack your thread, is the inside trunk color supposed to match the exterior color? would a flat black or semi work of it currently is not matching the outside color?
Thanks
Chris
70 Charger R/T 440C.I 727 3.23's

70 sublime

Inside the trunk is body colour
Think it would look a little od if it was black
Your car do what you want as they say  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green