News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help car charging at 15.2 volts

Started by keith88, November 03, 2018, 03:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdflu

OP...what did you ever find out? Experiencing the exact problem with our '69 Bee. Tried 2 different electronic voltage regulators (made in China and sold on eBay by the 'guy' who claims to have the one and only ones that work correctly) and now a US made NOS points style regulator and I'm experiencing over 15 volts as well. All wiring has been checked, along with grounds and have had two different batteries in the car. Ammeter was converted to voltmeter, that's why the high voltage was brought to my attention. Have verified voltmeter readings with two other meters and it's right on.  :shruggy:

keith88

Mine shows the exact thing no matter weather it nos or not .Im just driving it and see what happens down the road  for all i know it could have been like that ever since i owned it. I have had no electrical issues in 4 years that i have owed it..A buddy says yea it a little high but he had a mustang back in the day that was the same thing and never gave him an issue......Ill let you know if anything should arise!! Ps I did put in a new battery this spring -no change.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

darbgnik

This spring I noticed my car was jumping as high as 18 volts upon acceleration, and I fixed it by ordering one of these: Genuine Mopar P4529794 Voltage Regulator

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EE59HZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This voltage was measured on my Sniper display screen. While your problem doesn't seem as severe, the Mopar reproduction worked for me, 14.5 volts steady. Just in case you wanted to try a regulator that actually works. All the research I did on the issue pointed to this regulator as the best of the bunch......
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Back N Black

Quote from: darbgnik on April 21, 2019, 09:20:51 PM
This spring I noticed my car was jumping as high as 18 volts upon acceleration, and I fixed it by ordering one of these: Genuine Mopar P4529794 Voltage Regulator

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EE59HZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This voltage was measured on my Sniper display screen. While your problem doesn't seem as severe, the Mopar reproduction worked for me, 14.5 volts steady. Just in case you wanted to try a regulator that actually works. All the research I did on the issue pointed to this regulator as the best of the bunch......

I have the same Mopar regulator and no issues, I got my from the dealership.

Birdflu

Quote from: Back N Black on April 24, 2019, 07:34:41 PM
Quote from: darbgnik on April 21, 2019, 09:20:51 PM

I have the same Mopar regulator and no issues, I got my from the dealership.

I appreciate the feedback, however, the '69/older model year cars do not use that style voltage regulator. :(

xsr/tse

if you get a  conversion wiring harness to upgrade your 69 like I did.  then you could run one of these adjustable voltage regulators. Ebay #263796435690