News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 R/T build

Started by 68CarlRT, November 04, 2018, 11:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbgnik

Nice work. Great to see color on there!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

keepat

Very cool!! Love the color! Looks like Viper T/A color??
Pat

68CarlRT

The paint I bought was ppg omni mbpx "omni plus 3.5 VOC acrylic urethane basecoat /m799 converter"  the code I gave them was 60326 .

68CarlRT

Wow have not posted since June
During the summer not much work on the charger happens but now that october is here hopefully more progress will happen.
When I rebuilt the motor with my dad in the 90s we painted the motor Chrysler Red, why I really do not know. I now wanted to repaint the motor the blue it should be but man was it hard to find.
First I was looking for the vht engine paint or Duplicolor but the only had hemi orange and not the blue I wanted. So I thought I would try amazon.ca and there was none available. But I did get a mopar part number P4120752AB. So I phoned a Chrysler dealership parts dept and I lucked out. There was 3 cans at one dealership in the city.
Took the pan off to add a windage tray and the motor looked nice a clean inside.

68CarlRT

Did some work over Christmas.
Undercoated the the patch for the drivers side floor. Made new brake lines and mocked up the booster and master cylinder.
Installed the wiper motor and battery tray. I know I know the battery tray is supposed to be body color, but I wanted it black.
Here are some recent pictures.

68CarlRT

Here is some updated pictures, getting ready to reinstall the motor and transmission finally.
:icon_smile_big:

68CarlRT

My helper, boy is he growing up quickly, installed the new disc brakes.

TexasStroker

Great project...glad you have your grandson involved!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Canadian1968

what disc kit is that.  Master Power ?

68CarlRT

The disc brake kit was purchased from DoctorDiff. It is the 10.95"  (stage 1) I added the stainless steel brake hoses and distribution block.