News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Beginning of a rough week so far.....

Started by 69wannabe, November 13, 2018, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Yesterday morning my buddy that I have known since middle school had stopped to help a young lady and her child get out of an SUV that had caught on fire on the side of the highway. He got them both in his truck since it was pouring rain and went back to try to maybe get the fire under control and was struck by another car. He is in critical condition and has made some improvements over the past 36 hours but he has a long road ahead of him. He has family and friends support and we have been praying for him to pull through this. Just thought I would put this out there and ask for prayers here too. He needs all the prayers he can get!! Thanks Chad

Kern Dog

Wow, man...that is rough. The cynical pricks would say "That is what you get for trying to help people" But I would guess that your buddy wouldn't see it that way. People that help others don't do it for glory or money, they do it because it is the right thing to do. Best of luck to your friend.

b5blue

Prayers and best regards, he's a HERO for helping!  :2thumbs:

JB400

Bad things do happen to good people.  Best of wishes to his family and the people that he tried to help.  He didn't need that to happen, and the people involved didn't need to see it happen.

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bronzedodge

Mopar forever!

69rtse4spd

Thoughts & prayers to your buddy, K D is right, they do it because it is the right thing to do.

69wannabe

I appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts, it means alot and he is making improvement's but it's a very slow process but as long as he keeps doing better a little more every day we are good with it. He is pretty broke up but is doing ok considering what happened. Thanks guys.....

Mike DC

Sorry about your friend, man.  Sh*t really happens sometimes.

I hope your friend realizes that the injury itself (and surgeries to fix things) can make a person depressed.  The physical damage has a biological effect of hurting your mood.  It doesn't last forever but it's a real thing to brace yourself for.  Just gotta outlast it.

John_Kunkel

A high school buddy of mine died under the same circumstances. No good deed goes unpunished.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

4cruzin

This is a story I have heard more than once . . . helping someone you don't know on the side of the road and getting hit!  A guy that owns a restaurant near me stopped to help a lady on the side of the road and got hit, lost both his legs . . . Prayers to your buddy!

Very sad . ..
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69wannabe

Wanted to post an update on my buddy, i'm a little bit late with the bad news but he passed away on thanksgiving day. :'(  I appreciate all the good comments and prayers, he was a great guy. It's been such a rough last few weeks, I have been to 4 funeral services in less than 3 weeks. At this point i'm just trying to get through this year in one piece. Thanks guy's.....

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Holy shit...That really sucks! I hope that his family is doing okay. At the very least, he will be thought of as a hero for his efforts. I know that may not mean much but I don't know what else to say.

69rtse4spd

Mike DC

Sorry man.  It's rough losing loved ones.  

But there are other good people in the world.  And the people you've lost would not want you getting too bogged down.  They would want you to work through this and keep living to the fullest.      

69wannabe

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 07, 2018, 02:37:14 AM

Sorry man.  It's rough losing loved ones.  

But there are other good people in the world.  And the people you've lost would not want you getting too bogged down.  They would want you to work through this and keep living to the fullest.      

You are exactly right Mike, I just told this too one of the other friends that was close to him and is still a close friend of mine. Brandon wouldn't want us kicking our chins everytime we took a step, he would be kicking our ass telling us to keep going with or without him. It's hard for sure but one day we will all see the same light at the end of that tunnel.

BSB67

Quote from: 69wannabe on December 05, 2018, 11:07:38 PM
Wanted to post an update on my buddy, i'm a little bit late with the bad news but he passed away on thanksgiving day. :'(  I appreciate all the good comments and prayers, he was a great guy. It's been such a rough last few weeks, I have been to 4 funeral services in less than 3 weeks. At this point i'm just trying to get through this year in one piece. Thanks guy's.....

Gut wrenching.  Really really sorry to hear this.  The older I get, and watching life unfold around me, I'm believing more there that there is merit in: ".......only the good die young...."

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

draftingmonkey

Quote from: 69wannabe on December 12, 2018, 08:40:13 PM... Brandon wouldn't want us kicking our chins everytime we took a step, he would be kicking our ass telling us to keep going with or without him. It's hard for sure but one day we will all see the same light at the end of that tunnel.
Losing goods friends is tough.  The best advice I got from a friend I lost was not to mourn his passing from our lives but to celebrate his life and the time that I and his other friends were able to share with him. So all I can pass on is the same, celebrate his life with you not his passing.