News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird A pillar wind deflector question for those in the know

Started by Seabeckredneck, November 23, 2018, 01:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabeckredneck

I was out in the shop fitting up the wind deflectors before I drill holes. Would someone with a real 'bird (mine is not) take a few closeup photos especially of the top and bottoms. One area I need is at the top looking down/forward. Is there a gap between the deflector and the A pillar? Or do I need to pull the trim moulding off?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

62 Max

Most don't fit perfect.

Seabeckredneck

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I was looking for.
  I bought some replica deflectors and the tops aren't bent over and therefore have a huge gap. It just didn't look right.

Thanks again and I hope you have a great weekend!
  Chris

Seabeckredneck

62 Max,
  Thanks again for those photos. Could you tell me (or show me) whether the windshield seal is covered by the deflectors, or does the inside edge of the deflector press against or into the rubber seal? And one more question, There are 2 pieces of trim at each side, on the windshield and one on the door gutter. Do one or both of these need to be removed prior to installing the wind deflectors?

Thank you for all your help.
   Chris

62 Max

Chris,

There is roughly about 3/16" of the weatherstrip exposed,the deflector is pressed against it,no trim under the deflector

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on November 29, 2018, 05:19:16 PM
Chris,

There is roughly about 3/16" of the weatherstrip exposed,the deflector is pressed against it,no trim under the deflector

You Superbird owners got it easy when it comes to the deflectors..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 29, 2018, 05:36:41 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on November 29, 2018, 05:19:16 PM
Chris,

You Superbird owners got it easy when it comes to the deflectors..  :icon_smile_big:

If want to see something else that was easy,look at that O.E.M. vinyl top compared to the repop ! :icon_smile_big:

Seabeckredneck

Thanks again for the info. I didn't realize there was no trim under the deflectors. That's good to know. That will help.
   And regarding the Daytona deflectors, I know what you mean. I have a couple friends that have Charger 500's and we were looking at how those are installed. Interesting.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Seabeckredneck on November 30, 2018, 09:44:01 PM
  Thanks again for the info. I didn't realize there was no trim under the deflectors. That's good to know. That will help.
   And regarding the Daytona deflectors, I know what you mean. I have a couple friends that have Charger 500's and we were looking at how those are installed. Interesting.

A lot harder on 500's and Daytonas... I have had 4.... If they need help, just let me know.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection