News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 b5 rt/se six pack

Started by Tazem70, November 24, 2018, 11:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Is it a true V code car ?
Going to need a lot more info
Is it a project or on the road now ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

A half assed guess is not going to be an accurate one. You will need to supply pictures and a LOT more info if you want a better chance of a decent value assessment.

VegasCharger

6bblgt

Tazem70

Unfortunately automatic... let me keep trying to up load the pictures...  :brickwall:

darbgnik

With the pictures, remember to resize them to under 200KB, and if it prompts that that picture is already uploaded, rename the picture by mashing the keys, ie. Picture234kjhfvbndfkjnv

I use Microsoft paint to resize my pics.  But there are other options, even texting a picture to yourself will resize them much much smaller.

If you want, I'll PM you my email address and I can at least post the first few pics for you.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

F8-4life

Look up ebays completed auctions. There was an DD/survivor type V code orange 70 charger that sold recently.

moparfan53

Quote from: darbgnik on November 25, 2018, 09:04:59 PM
With the pictures, remember to resize them to under 200KB, and if it prompts that that picture is already uploaded, rename the picture by mashing the keys, ie. Picture234kjhfvbndfkjnv

I use Microsoft paint to resize my pics.  But there are other options, even texting a picture to yourself will resize them much much smaller.

If you want, I'll PM you my email address and I can at least post the first few pics for you.

Good news, the limit has increased to 400k now.

I will make same offer of help to the OP. I will post for him if he needs help.

:cheers:

bad88t-top

following:  I have a few of these in my collection but 4 speed.
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

chargervert

I'm considering selling my 70 V code Charger R /T project car soon. Mine is a matching numbers automatic car. It is a California car, but it still needs some metal work.  It is really solid compared to most of the other project Chargers that I see for sale these days.  I will be looking for 38 grand for it,or I will keep it and build it. The Galen Govier report that I have on my car states that only 337  70 Charger R /T 440 Sixpack, automatic transmission equipped  cars were built. There were 349 4 speed equipped cars built as well.

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: chargervert on November 27, 2018, 11:05:18 AM
I'm considering selling my 70 V code Charger R /T project car soon. Mine is a matching numbers automatic car. It is a California car, but it still needs some metal work.  It is really solid compared to most of the other project Chargers that I see for sale these days.  I will be looking for 38 grand for it,or I will keep it and build it. The Galen Govier report that I have on my car states that only 337  70 Charger R /T 440 Sixpack, automatic transmission equipped  cars were built. There were 349 4 speed equipped cars built as well.
why don't you post an ad in the for sale section with pics and more info, but with no disrespect intended your $38k price does not answer the OP's question.

chargervert

The reason why I have not posted my car for sale yet, is because the car is not ready to be posted.  I have started gathering everything together that will be going with the car when it is sold. I have started cleaning up the car, and still have to finish up some of the welding that I started  doing a while back.  When you are trying to sell a project car in this price range, completeness,  cleanliness ,and presentation are extremely important to making the sale.  The price that I offered to the poster of the thread, was to give him a real world number on what 70 V code Charger R /T automatic cars are changing hands for in the current market.  He may have to adjust his number up or down from there depending on the condition and completeness, as well as wether the car is matching numbers, tags,stampings, build sheet and other documentation.  I watch the second generation Charger market pretty closely, and consider myself fairly well versed in the current market values of these cars. My car is a white, non vynal top car,with a green interior and green longitudinal side stripes.  It is probably the only 70 V code Charger R /T ever built in this color combination.  While this combination may not appeal to everyone, the car would surely be a stand out in a sea of non original high impact repainted colored Chargers at any Mopar show.  I hope to get it ready to sell by spring.

chargervert

hemi-hampton

Wish I had the funds, I'd buy it. LEON.

chargervert

It's a really cool car, and I had every intention of building it,but I am facing the fact that I have too many projects and not enough time left to finish them all. I sold off eight project cars last year and now I have to start making the hard choices.

hemi-hampton

I'd be extremely pissed off if my Fender Tag disappeared because of some painters or shops incompetence  :brickwall:

VegasCharger

First of all, it would be most unlikely that I would ever take my '68 to a shop unless I could be there in person during the whole time it was getting work done (which would only be small jobs only ie. windshield, headliner etc). And if so I would always remove the fender tag.  :Twocents:

ht4spd307

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: Tazem70 on December 03, 2018, 11:09:59 PM
Well so much for trying to figure out how much my uncle should sell his charger.. went to see it after having it for so many years with never changing anything all original interior power windows etc... he decided to get the iinner fender painted because a leak at the mc which ate the paint away all the paint.. in doing so they lost missed placed or just took his fender tag... he is heart broken as you would figured having everything together since he bought it in 78... next week he will be selling it to me since he can't prove the originality... thanks for everyone who was going to help him price it for sale..
What you NEED to do is that seeing that he's owned it since 1978, there's a GOOD chance that there's a build sheet in the car.  There could be one attached to the springs behind the top or bottom of the back seat, or possibly front seats under the bottoms or backs where the springs are visible, or sometimes there is one taped to the top of the glove box cardboard accessible by removing the cardboard insert or reaching up from under/behind the dash, and sometimes there's one under the carpet but you need to remove the seats to remove the carpet to check.  These papers (build Sheets) are MORE IMPORTANT than a fender tag, there is all the info that would be on the fender tag and so much more  and a Fender Tag can be made from the info on the sheet.  LOOK FOR THE BUILD SHEETS!
If no build sheets are found and the car is as original and original paint as you are describing, a fender tag could still be made from the know options from an untouched complete car, Take lots of pictures of everything to document all the originality of the car.  would be nice to see some pictures of it even if you have to post a link to a photo hosting site or email the pics to one of the members that said they would do it for you so we get to to see pictures, We Like Pictures!

chargervert

Well, you buying the car cannot be a bad thing.  Especially when the car has been in your family for so many years.  I would love to find the 70 Charger R /T SE that my parents bought new in 1970.  Your car being a real V code Charger is a big plus.  When you are trying to sell a project car with V code pedigree original documentation is very important. Hopefully you will find the build sheet in the car. Having the build sheet will prove how the car came from the factory.  My car has the original tags,body stampings,and the door sticker, but I don't have a build sheet.