News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen hood release location

Started by ChargerRT69, November 27, 2018, 09:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT69

Trying to find the location of where the hood release is mounted under the dash as well as where the cable runs through the firewall on a '69 Charger. I have looked at numerous pictures and through the forum but have not been able to locate anyting that shows me. Does anybody have a picture of this orkin describe where it goes?

ALBSURE1091

I could be wrong but I don't believe 69's had an interior hood release option. Just up front on outside. Again just from my observations over the years I've never seen it on a 68 or a 69.

ChargerRT69

I know I had to hood release pull knob with cable in my parts. Can anybody confirm if the hood release was an option? My '69 Charger is one built for export but never left the states as far as I can figure out. Assuming a military purchase for a GI returning home.

Lennard

Second generation Charger hood release is outside of the car right above the grill.

70 sublime

I bet the knob and pull cable you are thinking of is for the fresh air vent
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Back N Black

2nd Gen charger's did not come from the factory with interior hood release cable. Maybe it was a Mod from the previous owner.  :Twocents:

ChargerRT69

Well the knob I have says "HOOD" on it, so I know it's not the vent control. But if they did not come with it that would explain why I have a hard time finding pictures showing where to mount this, including my own pictures when I disassemble this seven years ago. The previous owner did give me a ton of parts in the trunk when I bought the car and this maybe was from some other vehicle. Appreciate everyone's insight!