News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana needs resto Slime Lime on the Bay

Started by rob-dirt, November 29, 2018, 07:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Quote from: benny70hemibird on December 02, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
I saw that car probably 30 years or so ago, deep in the mountain hollows of eastern Kentucky. At that time it was owned by a woman who also had a tor-red hemi bird. The green car sat out in a field for years, uncovered, and you can see the result of that. It wasn't nearly as rough as it appears today, but it was not in good condition at all even back then. Of course it wasn't for sale. The Hemi bird wasn't for sale either. That lady flatly told me that money couldn't buy either one of them. The hemi bird was later crushed by a tornado a little after I saw it. It was just destroyed. I don't know where it eventually went, but it sure needed a rebody after that tornado, tree and garage fell on it. It was rough before that incident as well. Anyway, there's a bit of history for you!

Last I heard the Hemi  car went to Lexington area several years ago.( no idea what happened to it after that )  I saw it and this one back many years ago ( Hemi car had a tree dropped across it )

As far as value, cars like this one usually sell for more than rational value compared to final worth.
Looking at the pictures I'll bet the rust is far worth that it first appears

birdsandbees

Once they blast that thing there'll be a steering wheel and a pretty engine left. My Bee was running / driving with no holes apparent until we broke out the media blaster... and then we put 3 frame rails, torsion bar crossmember and a complete floor in it from firewall to tail light panel.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on December 09, 2018, 12:08:14 PM
As far as value, cars like this one usually sell for more than rational value compared to final worth.
Looking at the pictures I'll bet the rust is far worth that it first appears

Sometimes there is value in just "having" the car... I mean, six pack 4speed Superbirds, aren't just lying around...  Hopefully whoever ends up with it has fun with the effort of resurrection...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Stevetona

Ended at 100,100. I suppose if they can restore it for 80k then it wasn't that bad of a purchase.