News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 door panels and seat covers

Started by Dino, December 01, 2018, 10:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I'm in the market for a full set of black seat covers and door/quarter panels. Is Legendary still worth the extra cost over PUI? And where's the best place to buy? I can wait a bit if it means holiday sales discount!

Any difference in seat foam out there?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69bfan

The Legendary brand generally is a bit better in quality overall as compared to the PUI pieces.  Some of the PUI pieces are actually good and substantially cheaper in pricing, it just depends on the model year and body style.  The Legendary quality is hit or miss of late. 

For the seat foam, no matter who you buy from, expect some major alterations to the pieces and the need for extra material to make the covers fit properly.  The actual foam that is sold today is completely different than what was originally equipped with these cars.

Most of the vendors are offering specials at this time, so you can just shop around to who can offer you the best buy for your money.  Even with the Legendary holiday special, most of there independent vendors can beat the advertised prices.  No matter who you go through, expect that they will be possibly drop shipped to you unless it is someone like Classic who may have it in stock. 

One other thing to confirm with whomever you decide to use is to get an actual confirmation of what you are buying.  You do not want to pay Legendary pricing to find out that they shipped you PUI pieces.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Charger-Bodie

The 69 charger door panels from pui suck .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Alaskan_TA

PUI begins with PU for a reason, the quality stinks.  :Twocents:

Dante is a Legendary volume dealer, so he can beat prices from the source company - www.dantesparts.com

Dino

Legendary it is!   :cheers:

I'm thinking of going with the leather insert SE seats. Does anyone have any feedback on those? Also anyone have a picture of the leather style rear cover?

69bfan

The SE seat cover package only featured the leather inserts for the front seats.  The rears were vinyl as you would find in any other Charger.  Legendary can probably do the rears with a leather insert, but expect to pay a premium.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Dino

I thought the SE rear bench was stock, this must be a newer thing then.

I got this off Dante's but anyone has them: 1969 Charger RT SE & Charger SE Leather Style B-body Rear Bench.  https://dantesparts.com/i-30498466-mopar-seat-cover-1969-charger-rt-se-charger-se-leather-style-b-body-rear-bench.html?ref=category:1389299

It's a few bucks cheaper than a stock bench as well which is puzzling.

igozumn

"Mopar Seat Cover 1969 Charger RT SE & Charger SE Leather Style B-body Rear Bench

Rear seat is all vinyl, matches the Leather bucket seat pattern"
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Dino

Dangit now I need to decide which rear bench I want and I can't see them side by side.

About the fronts...I need everyting from foam up to redo these, so maybe I should just get the rallye seats...

garner7555

Quote from: Dino on December 06, 2018, 08:40:43 PM
Dangit now I need to decide which rear bench I want and I can't see them side by side.

About the fronts...I need everyting from foam up to redo these, so maybe I should just get the rallye seats...

I put Lexus is350c seats in the front of mine for comfort and bolstering.   If you are thinking about better seats then you probably should upgrade now.   If my memory serves correct, you enjoyed using the Charger as a daily driver when possible so that is something to keep in mind.   Which seat will make you the happiest?    At the end of the day that is all that really matters, which seats do you like best?     :Twocents:    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Dino

Quote from: garner7555 on December 06, 2018, 09:51:24 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 06, 2018, 08:40:43 PM

I put Lexus is350c seats in the front of mine for comfort and bolstering.   If you are thinking about better seats then you probably should upgrade now.   If my memory serves correct, you enjoyed using the Charger as a daily driver when possible so that is something to keep in mind.   Which seat will make you the happiest?    At the end of the day that is all that really matters, which seats do you like best?     :Twocents:    :2thumbs:

I'm a bit on the fence; I prefer the look of the stock seats but the rallye seats will be way more supportive. I do have a tall center armrest and a 3 point seatbelt to keep me in the seat a bit better but it won't be as good as the rallye seats of course.

Decisions decisions!

kab69440

Did you end up pirate-ing my armrest over the console door design or go with something different?

I haven't recieved my royalty check if you swiped my patented mod...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dino

Quote from: kab69440 on December 08, 2018, 02:28:42 AM
Did you end up pirate-ing my armrest over the console door design or go with something different?

I haven't recieved my royalty check if you swiped my patented mod...

:lol:

Nah I just went with the 1st gen armrest but raised a bit for comfort.

kab69440

OK, then. I was looking forward to that check, though!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."