News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what intake for max power/torque

Started by metcoll, December 02, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

engine Is 440 with the 2355 pistons, rpm heads 84cc with stage 1 porting(282cfm@.600)lunati cam specs240/250@050 & 520/547 lift msd ignition 13/4 inch headers ..my intake now is rpm with a dbl. pump holley 850...is there any gain or loss going to a six pack set-up

justcruisin

I don't think you would see any gains in performance going 6 pack, only the wow factor. They can be set up to run good with the likes of promax stuff but costly. The RPM isn't a bad choice with your set up but depending on the rest of your combo (4 speed/ auto-stall, weight, gear) and what you use the car for, with that cam a single plane could work better.

Back N Black

I have the same heads, intake and carburetor that you have and I'm making 550 ft. lb. torque. I think its a good setup.

c00nhunterjoe

The 6 pack has the potential to make more peak power then the rpm, but it will be marginal and take the average car enthusiast more effort then they want to put into tuning. Another good choice would be an opened up single plane, and of course while we are talking maximum power, the tunnel ram will always win.... but with obvious sacrifices starting with a sawzall. For the weekend warrior, your rpm and 850 will do great. If you want the wow factor and have patience, go with the 6 pack. Only talking 5 to 10ish change in power between the 2 on that long block. Same with a single plane.

metcoll

is yours a stroker & what cam ,compression porting did you do

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: metcoll on December 03, 2018, 06:42:16 AM
is yours a stroker & what cam ,compression porting did you do

Fwiw, mine is a 440 with more piston, more heads, more cam, and im still running a dual plane.

firefighter3931

The RPM and 6-pack are both high rise dual planes. Flow is pretty much the same for both. You might see a tenth quicker ET's with the 6-pack due to the CFM increase of the 6bbl if it's dialed in correctly. Depending on the combination of stall speed and gearing....a low rise single plane like the Street Dominator might actually be faster at the track due to increased breathing at the top of the rpm range.

That being said....the Performer RPM is a very good piece and I wouldn't expect huge improvements swapping it out for anything on a build like this one that is rpm limited with a hyd cam.

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs