News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power window gremlins

Started by Dino, December 02, 2018, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

The whole system worked when it was out of the car, but now that it's installed there's a few issues.

The 4 gang master switch on the driver's door works fine, as does the single gang on the passenger door.

What doesn't work are the rear switches. They were a bit ratty so I cleaned the heck out of them but it didn't make a change in function unfortunately. Nice and shiny though!

The passenger rear switch rolls the window down fine but when you try to roll it up the fuse blows.
On the driver side the window rolls UP when you push the button DOWN, and when you press the button up the lights dim and the fuse blows.

In addition!...I have one DEI 530T winodw module installed on each side of the car, operating two windows each. They turn the stock switches into one-touch switches and the windows can be operated by remote. None of that works! I hear the DEI relays clicking when I hold the remote button, but nothing moves.

Before I delve into the DEI issue, I need to have all switches working properly though...

...so where do I start?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.