News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger 500; ebay... Yeap.. Mine..

Started by hemi68charger, December 02, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

My C500 for sale

Yeap, it is for sale.. Found something really cool a couple of months ago I'd really like for those that hammer things..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 02, 2018, 07:47:08 PM
My C500 for sale

Yeap, it is for sale.. Found something really cool a couple of months ago I'd really like for those that hammer things..
What does "Hammer Things" mean?

73rallye440magnum

I believe it is a reference of an inability to mind one's own business.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

alfaitalia

She sure is purdy!  :2thumbs: Good luck with your sale. That would be a cheap car over here!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

odcics2

Would look great with the 15" Kelsey Hayes Cast Road wheels!   

:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

alfaitalia

Is that the original fender tag?....Does not look quite right to my eyes...just a little bit to "sharply" pressed if you know what I mean. The text on them is usually a bit softer edged than that. But hey my 69 does not even have one so what do I know!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

JB400

hemi68charger

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 03, 2018, 06:41:15 PM
Is that the original fender tag?....Does not look quite right to my eyes...just a little bit to "sharply" pressed if you know what I mean. The text on them is usually a bit softer edged than that. But hey my 69 does not even have one so what do I know!
Have original, but it isn't purty...... This was on the car when I got it......

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on December 03, 2018, 12:02:38 AM

Bingo..... get tired of listening to people whine about how I "go through cars" or that I'm some flipper... If it wasn't for the fact I found something super cool, this 500 wouldn't be going anywhere.... It is a blast to drive..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: odcics2 on December 03, 2018, 05:56:47 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

In all seriousness.. I can't stand the Kelseys....
Troy

odcics2

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2018, 09:59:02 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on December 03, 2018, 05:56:47 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

In all seriousness.. I can't stand the Kelseys....

I know.   Just yanking your chain, buddy!!    :nana:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2018, 09:55:15 PM

Bingo..... get tired of listening to people whine about how I "go through cars" or that I'm some flipper... If it wasn't for the fact I found something super cool, this 500 wouldn't be going anywhere.... It is a blast to drive..

AB - Are you flipping another car?  :lol:
Kidding!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: odcics2 on December 04, 2018, 08:18:50 AM
I know.   Just yanking your chain, buddy!!    :nana:

Dang it !! you got me !!!  :smilielol:

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 04, 2018, 09:07:39 AM

AB - Are you flipping another car?  :lol:
Kidding!!

Some would say yes...  ;D

Troy

Derwud

Added to my Christmas list.. I would sell my E-Type, if I could, for this car..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Aero426

Quote from: Derwud on December 04, 2018, 09:31:54 AM

What kinda E-Type you got?    :popcrn:

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2018, 09:55:15 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on December 03, 2018, 06:41:15 PM
Have original, but it isn't purty...... This was on the car when I got it......

But you do go through cars and you are some kind of flipper AKA "Operation Trade Up".  If you want people to mind their own business, then it might not be a bad idea not to post everything you do on public websites looking for responses and attention.  Just Saying :shruggy: :shruggy:

JB400

Nothing wrong with seeking improvement.  If he has his own classic car dealersjip, different story.

Derwud

Quote from: Aero426 on December 04, 2018, 11:25:58 AM
Quote from: Derwud on December 04, 2018, 09:31:54 AM

What kinda E-Type you got?    :popcrn:

70 E-Type Roadster, sitting next to Charger in profile picture.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on December 04, 2018, 11:34:05 AM
But you do go through cars and you are some kind of flipper AKA "Operation Trade Up".  If you want people to mind their own business, then it might not be a bad idea not to post everything you do on public websites looking for responses and attention.  Just Saying :shruggy: :shruggy:

No, it is the judgemental attitude of others... It is almost like some think I should be "content" with what I have.. When I was a 16 year old boy back in 1978 I dreamed of having a Charger Daytona like my Dad when he bought one new in '69.. Now, there are different roads that one could travel to achieve that. I could have gone down the road of constantly pinching my pennies, never owning a single car until my ripe-old age of 45 ( when I traded my then  2  Chargers for the Daytona straight up ).... Man, what fun would have that been? To this day, I probably still wouldn't have enough money to buy one since, as time goes by when you are saving, the price of the wing-cars are going up, usually at a higher percentage...

So, for those that think I'm some sort of "flipper", so be it... I am the one who has had some bad-ass mopars (especially Chargers) during my day and now, have that Daytona and enjoy the living heck out of it...

Does that mean I have to stop of one dream? No,,,, feel sorry for those that think that one dream is enough... I've done all of this and haven't spent anywhere NEAR what the cars are worth, no where near....

And as far as sharing, I get more positive feedback than negative..... And the negative? I've learn to either address it (like here) or just let it go in one ear and out the next and wonder, are they really envious? mmmmmmm?

Whew...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

ws23rt

There are numerous folks in this world that enjoy this -car hobby- by acquiring as many cars as they can afford. --Owning and storing these cars is a burden they willingly pay by financial ability and choice.
Cheers to those that can enjoy that nitch in the world of collectibles.

What sparks my interest in these cars is that I grew up with them and the memories (for me) is feeling and driving a glimpse of my past.

I now can afford to play with those old memories but the "collector market" has pushed me aside.

After reading through this thread--(and if I was to buy this car)--I would be tempted to be silent about it.
If I were to be the next owner --a presumption about my motivation to buy it would lead --who knows where? Would I be inclined to slink away and enjoy my purchase in peace? :scratchchin:

I admire -hemi68charger- for being willing to endure the gauntlet here.

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2018, 08:19:26 PM
But you do go through cars and you are some kind of flipper AKA "Operation Trade Up".  If you want people to mind their own business, then it might not be a bad idea not to post everything you do on public websites looking for responses and attention.  Just Saying :shruggy: :shruggy:

No, it is the judgemental attitude of others... It is almost like some think I should be "content" with what I have.. When I was a 16 year old boy back in 1978 I dreamed of having a Charger Daytona like my Dad when he bought one new in '69.. Now, there are different roads that one could travel to achieve that. I could have gone down the road of constantly pinching my pennies, never owning a single car until my ripe-old age of 45 ( when I traded my then  2  Chargers for the Daytona straight up ).... Man, what fun would have that been? To this day, I probably still wouldn't have enough money to buy one since, as time goes by when you are saving, the price of the wing-cars are going up, usually at a higher percentage...

So, for those that think I'm some sort of "flipper", so be it... I am the one who has had some bad-ass mopars (especially Chargers) during my day and now, have that Daytona and enjoy the living heck out of it...

Does that mean I have to stop of one dream? No,,,, feel sorry for those that think that one dream is enough... I've done all of this and haven't spent anywhere NEAR what the cars are worth, no where near....

And as far as sharing, I get more positive feedback than negative..... And the negative? I've learn to either address it (like here) or just let it go in one ear and out the next and wonder, are they really envious? mmmmmmm?

Whew...  :icon_smile_big:
I don't see what's so negative that you are addressing here, I just stated the obvious, the info that you post, Operation Charger, Challenger, Daytona clone, Charger 500, etc.  I'm not Jealous, I actually like the threads and like all the cars you have and had.  I don't care who owns what and how many and what or how many they have to buy and sell to get there.  I never implied anything like that.  But, Seems like you are concerned with people minding their own business and within the same conversation complaining that people are responding to you not minding their business.  I don't get it, reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TL7LaxyYz4
Also to your statement "Does that mean I have to stop of one dream? No,,,, feel sorry for those that think that one dream is enough" I did not say or imply this at all.  How are you getting this from my above statement.  If you want to call people out you should call out the right person.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNJlTehNxp0

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on December 04, 2018, 09:54:18 PM
...  But, Seems like you are concerned with people minding their own business and within the same conversation complaining that people are responding to you not minding their business. ...

I appreciate your diagnoses, but it is wrong.. I am not concerned with people minding their own business.. But, why do people have to cast a negative spin a person's positive experience? Just like you not getting me, I don't get that......... As grandma used to say, "If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything"... Believe me, there have been plenty of things on this discussion board over the years ( and others as well ) that I don't like or disagree with, but mums the word....

In all honesty, I have pretty thick skin. But, with that being said I'll defend myself too, especially when it refers to me in a negative or dishonorable way. I've done pretty well for myself and with another famous say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"......

:2thumbs:
Troy

chargervert

I for one, am amazed at the cars that Troy, and his patented "Troy trade "program have been able to aquire! And to be able to do so straight up and honestly in these times is quite the feat. Me having dealt with Troy personally, I can tell you that when you deal with Troy he is an honest guy who keeps his end of a deal 100 percent.

birdsandbees

"The harder I work, the luckier I get" !  :2thumbs:

Try adding some airplanes to your yard Troy and wait for the negative Nancy's.   :brickwall:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 05, 2018, 01:45:49 PM
Quote from: Y1CHARGER on December 04, 2018, 09:54:18 PM
...  But, Seems like you are concerned with people minding their own business and within the same conversation complaining that people are responding to you not minding their business. ...

I appreciate your diagnoses, but it is wrong.. I am not concerned with people minding their own business.. But, why do people have to cast a negative spin a person's positive experience? Just like you not getting me, I don't get that......... As grandma used to say, "If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything"... Believe me, there have been plenty of things on this discussion board over the years ( and others as well ) that I don't like or disagree with, but mums the word....

In all honesty, I have pretty thick skin. But, with that being said I'll defend myself too, especially when it refers to me in a negative or dishonorable way. I've done pretty well for myself and with another famous say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"......

:2thumbs:
Hey Man, Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying but I thought your opening line of this Thread of quote "Yeap, it is for sale.. Found something really cool a couple of months ago I'd really like for those that hammer things.." was a calling out of people who have an inability to mind there own business and I thought it was a weird thing to say while posting on a public forum where people will make comments whether positive or negative.  No disrespect, already said I liked all the cars and threads that you are involved with, I'm not a "hater", carry on and good luck with this new venture that you want to tease everyone here that somethings in the works but it's a big secret. Kinda like the breakfast club scene all over again.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All  :2thumbs:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

1969daytona

If ill had the money right know i would have bought it. :drool5:

Good luck with the sale. :2thumbs:

K-E
MoPar or NO car

73rallye440magnum

None of my business what you've got cooking, Troy, but wish I could toss gas on the fire and buy your Runner to support your dream. As already mentioned, I simply have not worked hard enough yet.

The success of one individual does not come at the expense or burden of another.

Best wishes to all navigating their own Mopar journey. Idolize the success being discussed here, don't envy it.

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

hemi68charger

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 05, 2018, 02:30:18 PM
"The harder I work, the luckier I get" !  :2thumbs:

Try adding some airplanes to your yard Troy and wait for the negative Nancy's.   :brickwall:

:lol:   Naaaaaa.. I spent 21 years around B-52 Bombers, F-16 Falcons and MQ-1 Predators.... I've had my fair share of aeroplanes.... I'll just keep the awesome F-16 model my wife got for me when I retired...

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on December 05, 2018, 05:30:19 PM
..e and buy your Runner to support your dream...

Thanks man.. It was pretty cool driving it this weekend actually around the community and going through the gears....

Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on December 05, 2018, 02:31:42 PM
... but I thought your opening line of this Thread of quote "Yeap, it is for sale.. ...

Yeap, I titled it that way as a foreshadowing of the potential negative ninnies like I have gotten in the past...
Troy

Y1CHARGER

My C500 for sale

It doesn't make sense if you cut off 3/4th of what you said, here, I'll Help You Out.  You must work for CNN part time just taking partial quotes to make them work for your cause.  Good luck with you new venture.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on December 05, 2018, 08:46:06 PM
My C500 for sale

It doesn't make sense if you cut off 3/4th of what you said, here, I'll Help You Out.  You must work for CNN part time just taking partial quotes to make them work for your cause.  Good luck with you new venture.

You're point? there is no need to recopy the complete quote. I know what I wrote. All someone has to do, if do inclined, it scroll up..... I don't freakin' work for CNN and hate that news channel thank you.........

Thank you on the well wishes........... Should have just done that from the very beginning....
Troy

70 sublime

Sooooo how long till we find out what may be more cool to have than the Charger 500 ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

odcics2

Only thing better is a Nascar race 500/Daytona.

:Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

But you do go through cars and you are some kind of flipper AKA "Operation Trade Up". 

It could very well be............

:lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 06, 2018, 11:14:09 AM
Sooooo how long till we find out what may be more cool to have than the Charger 500 ??

Depends on the sale of my 500 and Road Runner.. I have to sell those first.. This will be one of the chapters that doesn't include a trade albeit they lead up to this.......
Troy

hemi68charger

Troy

chaaargerb

Go for it Troy :2thumbs:
Some people (me included) are hunters. We love the hunt. Nothing better than hearing about a old dodge sitting up in a guys garage checking it out and coming home with a hemi car.

The wife only complained once about me filling the yard with "Classics" She said why do you spend all your time buying all these "Classics"?
I told her I could be at the bar chasing women. She never said anything about it ever again. Still married 30+years :coolgleamA:

hemi68charger

Quote from: chaaargerb on December 07, 2018, 10:04:25 AM
...I told her I could be at the bar chasing women. She never said anything about it ever again. Still married 30+years :coolgleamA:

Love it... In my case, it was already set in stone during our "courting".... Nothing gets between me and the cars... Been messing with them since I was 15 and nothing is going to change.. lol... Well, except maybe the cars...... Just ask Mark...

On a side note....... A no-sale on both... But have gotten some emails about them post-auction.. We'll see about a relist later......
Troy

aerolith

Hi Troy,

Lucky in car(d)'s unlucky in love!
I always buy high and sell low, I'm just not that good at 'wheeler dealing' myself?
Lost my house, wife and kids in a 'horror' divorce settlement so it must be cards for me then lol... :scratchchin:

Jealousy is a terrible thing and the internet is full of it unfortunately. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Aerolithic
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623