DodgeCharger.com Forum
June 19, 2019, 09:25:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superbird 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana needs resto Slime Lime on the Bay  (Read 1587 times)
gtx6970
Old Timer

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 11:08:14 AM »

I saw that car probably 30 years or so ago, deep in the mountain hollows of eastern Kentucky. At that time it was owned by a woman who also had a tor-red hemi bird. The green car sat out in a field for years, uncovered, and you can see the result of that. It wasn't nearly as rough as it appears today, but it was not in good condition at all even back then. Of course it wasn't for sale. The Hemi bird wasn't for sale either. That lady flatly told me that money couldn't buy either one of them. The hemi bird was later crushed by a tornado a little after I saw it. It was just destroyed. I don't know where it eventually went, but it sure needed a rebody after that tornado, tree and garage fell on it. It was rough before that incident as well. Anyway, there's a bit of history for you!

Last I heard the Hemi  car went to Lexington area several years ago.( no idea what happened to it after that )  I saw it and this one back many years ago ( Hemi car had a tree dropped across it )

As far as value, cars like this one usually sell for more than rational value compared to final worth.
Looking at the pictures I'll bet the rust is far worth that it first appears
birdsandbees
Old Timer

Ontario, Canada

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

Once they blast that thing there'll be a steering wheel and a pretty engine left. My Bee was running / driving with no holes apparent until we broke out the media blaster... and then we put 3 frame rails, torsion bar crossmember and a complete floor in it from firewall to tail light panel.

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
hemi68charger
Old Timer

Winged Duo..

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 03:53:23 PM »

As far as value, cars like this one usually sell for more than rational value compared to final worth.
Looking at the pictures I'll bet the rust is far worth that it first appears

Sometimes there is value in just "having" the car... I mean, six pack 4speed Superbirds, aren't just lying around...  Hopefully whoever ends up with it has fun with the effort of resurrection...

Troy
'69 Charger 500 426 Hemi auto; #5 pre-production
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
Houston Mopar Club Connection
Stevetona

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »

Ended at 100,100. I suppose if they can restore it for 80k then it wasn’t that bad of a purchase.

1969 Coronet R/T WS23L9G250610
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: