News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CNC-Motorsporst rant

Started by Nacho-RT74, December 06, 2018, 08:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

making the story short as posible...

My block decking job went bad so had to get another block which fortunatelly is the same casting and even year. This block is never decked and cut at at 0.020" overbore but way ovaled cilinders ( probably reringed with oversize rings keeping same 020 pistons), so taking it at the shop, decided to take it up to 0.040 overbore. My block was at 020 but sleeved, so now I'm back to an unsleeved block which is good.

This time to save from block and heads machine shop mistakes as far is posible ( althought will be decked anyway, but being virgin ), decided to go with KB251 pistons, which with 0.260" quench step can be matched to my engine setup instead the other way around ( the deeper heads quench pad is at around 0.110" so everyone will be equalized to that and won't mill the heads but cut pistons steps ). This pistons are fortunatelly $100 cheaper and got a hell of deal on them at CNC-Motorsports!!

https://www.cnc-motorsports.com/keith-black-kb251-040-hypereutectic-dome-pistons-4382-bore.html

I had to get them delivered at Nov 29 max at my forward shipper warehouse because they were to ship the last sea shipping to Venezuela on Nov 30. The bore info I needed was received at 23 Nov in the morning. I went to read the payment and shipping policies at CNC-Motorsports:

https://www.cnc-motorsports.com/shipping

"Orders placed before 2:00 PM are generally shipped the same day shipping with the exceptions of rotating assembly kits, short blocks and engines."

Good, I was workig on the order at 12 pm CT

Aside that they say:

"International shipments will ship USPS mail with a weight limit of 40 pounds, all other items heavier will ship Fed Ex. CNC-Motorsports will ship worldwide. International orders will pay actual shipping and handling charges. please call 605-692-1697 or e-mail info@cnc-motorsports.com for your shipping quote."

Which it means that I even woulnd't ship international, could be able to pay with my card... right ? international buyers should have international cards to pay!!! right ?

Now the story begins:

My card payment wasn't accepted because is not from USA ( My card is from Spain ). So... It makes any sense you ship internationally if don't accept my payment ?

Had to run to a good friend is allways on the helping line for me, RD on board ( damn, he has saved me several times on this kind of deals, allong with FLG, Twilt and some others ). So I paypal'ed him and he placed the order and paid in my name. At this moment we were still before the 2 pm borderline... maybe at 1 pm. From friday to friday even a ground shipping with the weekend in the middle STILL should be delivered on time at least in my experience buying constantly in USA up to my shipper in FL. We are talking about a shipping from SD, middle of USA, not from AK. Weekends use to be still traveling packages even maybe not delivered.

after never got any update about the shipping on friday, contacted them through the on line chat service... they were offline... I began to be affraid about it won't make it. Email was sent

Got a reply email on SUNDAY! the order wasn't being worked because they were on Thursday and Friday closed due the thanksgiving day!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! Even Mancini Racing from where I got the gaskets processed the order on thanksgiving day ( I have had several issues with them in the past about the time they take to ship and the poor feedback, so If I can be away from MR when needing parts, I preffer that ).

Lets see, you were closed on thanksgiving day friday but you replied me on sunday! what we are talking about ? in anycase you should reply me on Monday!!! right ?

Tried again on monday through the online contact, same excuses. I explained about needed them delivered by Nov 29 or maybe 30 in the morning And I read their shipping policies, so I was on time. They told me it won't make it and If I wanted that had to pay $129 ( or so ) on 2 days shipping. OK, let's see: If I was toward to pay $129 more, I was got them from Summit or Jegs and I bet they were shipped on same friday!!! so I refused that!

At the end, pistons were dropped at UPS ON WEDNESDAY!!!! SO EVEN WITH MY RANT IT WASN'T SHIPPED ON MONDAY BUT WEDNESDAY!!! 2 DAYS AFTER MY RANT WITH THEM!!!!

Of course, pistons didn't make it to be shipped from Florida to Caracas on Nov 30. So I will have to wait up to Jan ALTHOUGHT there is a chance this friday a ship will be able to leave USA with some other last hour shippments... I hope so!

On a side note, The pistons were delivered on tuesday Nov 4... if they were shipped on wednesday it means a 6 days timeline with the weekend in the middle was enough to get them on Nov 29 being dropped at UPS on Nov 23 when the order was placed before 2 pm.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html