News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Federal power steering pump

Started by q8charger, December 07, 2018, 03:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Mopar Nut

If you do buy on eBay use code PHLDAYTEN for 10% off. Ends 12/8/18 at 3:00 am PST
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

q8charger

So I can install it without any problem  right??

nrt69

I need a new federal pump or rebuild kit for a 66 coronet 383. Can't seem to find one at a good price. Any suggestions?

GreenMachine

I'm no expert, but the reservoir should fit no problem. I would make sure your pulley will fit, Saginaw has different shaft sizes and styles, not sure about Federal though.  :Twocents:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

charger Downunder

Its always easier and less hassles to just get your old one rebuilt as you know it will fit.
[/quote]

Iowa_Mopar

Quote from: GreenMachine on December 09, 2018, 06:24:38 AM
I'm no expert, but the reservoir should fit no problem. I would make sure your pulley will fit, Saginaw has different shaft sizes and styles, not sure about Federal though.  :Twocents:

what's the difference between a Saginaw and a Federal pump?

GreenMachine

Quote from: Iowa_Mopar on December 15, 2018, 04:34:29 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on December 09, 2018, 06:24:38 AM

what's the difference between a Saginaw and a Federal pump?

Saginaw: notice the keyed and threaded shaft, the pulley is held on by a locknut.

Federal pump pulleys are pressed on, and require a puller to be removed.

GreenMachine

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House