News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Scat Pack and Plymouth Rapid Transit System book- A couple of mistakes

Started by Ghoste, December 12, 2018, 07:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I appreciate all the Mopar books because I still remember when there weren't any and I enjoy the ones written by Jim Schilds and I acknowledge the work that goes into each one but I have to point out a couple of mistakes in his latest one about Chrysler marketing in the muscle car era. 
The book is called,  "Dodge Scat Pack and Plymouth Rapid Transit System: Chrysler's Muscle Car Marketing Programs 1968-1972".  He states in there that the "Mother Warned Me" ad is for the 1970 Charger when in fact, it was a 1969 ad.  He also shows an ad for a 1969 Charger 500 and describes it as a magazine ad from that time period when it was actually created by a member of this forum in 2008. 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39225.0/all.html

It might seem nit picky but this is how these things become gospel.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Ghoste on December 12, 2018, 07:10:45 AM
I appreciate all the Mopar books because I still remember when there weren't any and I enjoy the ones written by Jim Schilds and I acknowledge the work that goes into each one but I have to point out a couple of mistakes in his latest one about Chrysler marketing in the muscle car era. 
The book is called,  "Dodge Scat Pack and Plymouth Rapid Transit System: Chrysler's Muscle Car Marketing Programs 1968-1972".  He states in there that the "Mother Warned Me" ad is for the 1970 Charger when in fact, it was a 1969 ad.  He also shows an ad for a 1969 Charger 500 and describes it as a magazine ad from that time period when it was actually created by a member of this forum in 2008. 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39225.0/all.html

It might seem nit picky but this is how these things become gospel.

You called it right back in 2008.

Books are entertainment. Nothing more it seems.

In another world, I am the SME on a brand. As such, I proofed a chapter of a book and it was published. Of course, in another chapter of the book, some conflicting statements were made by a contributor to the publication. Since I didn't proof or edit the entire book, it's now been published with incorrect info. Especially bad, as it contradicts one another.

::)

Ghoste