News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody making these vent gaskets?

Started by green69rt, December 15, 2018, 02:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Just doing some cleanup and thought I would replace the rubber on my driver-side vent.  Anybody making the seal and the flapper seal?

birdsandbees

I thought it came in the heater box rebuild kit... but I just looked at my pictures and I cleaned around, masked off and painted mine leaving the OE rubber in place. I'll check my kit remainders and see if I just didn't use it because the OE looked okay.. or it wasn't supplied.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

green69rt

I've been searching around and the cowl gasket is available as part of a firewall set.  I can't find the flapper seal anyplace.

A383Wing

contact Detroit Muscle Technologies......they make most every gasket & seal for our cars.....if they don't have it, they can probably make one for you

Bryan

green69rt

Quote from: A383Wing on December 15, 2018, 05:18:19 PM
contact Detroit Muscle Technologies......they make most every gasket & seal for our cars.....if they don't have it, they can probably make one for you

Bryan

Just got a note back from them (DMT).  According to them, they have the box-to-cowl seal but the flapper rubber is molded onto the flapper and is not meant to be replaced.  I guess that I will give mine a good scrubbing and move on.

ChargerRT69

I have the same issue and removed my (practically fell off) when i rebuilt my driver's side vent box. I have been looking to see if I can make something of my own.

green69rt

Quote from: ChargerRT69 on December 24, 2018, 01:25:05 PM
I have the same issue and removed my (practically fell off) when i rebuilt my driver's side vent box. I have been looking to see if I can make something of my own.

I called DMT and asked about the vent to cowl seals and they said they make them and will sell separately ($4.00 plus shipping.)  Ordered some other stuff and I should get them Thursday.  Can't find any source for the flapper seal.

ChargerRT69

Quote from: green69rt on December 24, 2018, 02:22:57 PM
Quote from: ChargerRT69 on December 24, 2018, 01:25:05 PM

I called DMT and asked about the vent to cowl seals and they said they make them and will sell separately ($4.00 plus shipping.)  Ordered some other stuff and I should get them Thursday.  Can't find any source for the flapper seal.

I have the seal in another "sealing" package from DMT, but still looking for or how to make the flapper. Like you green69rt, I have not found it anywhere.