News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 wing cars found in newest episode of Haggerty's "Barn Find" youtube show.

Started by smithenhiven, December 19, 2018, 08:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithenhiven

https://youtu.be/hRMAQj0yA44

Not sure if the owner (identified as Billy Eubanks) is already well known in the wing car world, or if these are new discoveries.  Amoung this guys amazing hoard of barn cars include 3 Daytonas and a Bird.

They even do a close up of one Daytona vin, shown to be 398855 (is this car already "known"?).

white

TheAutoArchaeologist

Sadly the story is complete BS.  The owner is a well known car collector and the cars have been to shows in recent years.  They haven't been sitting a long time and they aren't neglected.

https://barnfinds.com/the-north-carolina-find-mopar/

billssuperbird

WINGIN IT

bebeep1969

1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

Stevetona

Just mind blowing someone can have that many cool cars just sitting in dirt floor pole barns collecting dust and likely acting as homes to rodents. Must be a couple million bucks worth of cars there.

Mopar John

I think it's an amazing collection if you consider just the AERO cars.
They even continued on with some later AERO in the 1986 Pontiac 2+2 and the Monte Carlo Aero coupe.
But in all honesty I think the older gent seen briefly at the start of the show started the collection with the older stuff.
What I'm saying is that it's more a family thing rather than one guy.
It also looks like the son never left home and spent ALL his money on the cars?
Just my thoughts.
MJ

chargervert

They really knew which cars to buy! Considering how they are stored,they seem to be in good condition overall.

farm966

Did you hear him say that the Daytona was tested with a wing that was flush with the outside of the car, wider than the production wings. Any truth to that? Did Mopar try a wing that was wider than what ended up on the production cars?

Thanks

billssuperbird

I would like to know the answer to that question too cuz I bet there's a lot of Daytona owners looking in your trunks to see if those holes are there

Aero426

Quote from: farm966 on December 24, 2018, 01:57:01 PM
Did you hear him say that the Daytona was tested with a wing that was flush with the outside of the car, wider than the production wings. Any truth to that? Did Mopar try a wing that was wider than what ended up on the production cars?

Thanks

That was a strange story.  In terms of a street production Daytona, it really did not make any sense.  

odcics2

Quote from: farm966 on December 24, 2018, 01:57:01 PM

Thanks

I guess I'm the only guy that knows Daytona history!  lol...   

The answer has always been in plain sight! 

:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

farm966

odcics2

Quote from: farm966 on December 27, 2018, 09:52:35 AM
So they used that ugly wing on his car, supposedly. Interesting.

Supposedly??   Not supposedly, they DID.  Photographic proof!!

That car today is the well known 'Fake 88' at the Talladega Museum, and a look today under the 1/4 panels would reveal the attachment methods used.

aerolith

Cripes that is Fugly!
Meccano and Mickey-Mouse come to mind... :slap: :eek2: :-\
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on December 27, 2018, 12:41:04 PM

That car today is the well known 'Fake 88' at the Talladega Museum, and a look today under the 1/4 panels would reveal the attachment methods used.

But we are talking about the street car in the video.    I am confused.   

69_500

Quote from: Aero426 on December 28, 2018, 03:15:53 PM

Me too. I knew about the one in museum, but in video he claims it was on his street car.?

odcics2

Quote from: 69_500 on December 28, 2018, 05:22:40 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on December 28, 2018, 03:15:53 PM

Me too. I knew about the one in museum, but in video he claims it was on his street car.?

Not very factual...