News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lasting effect of "Cash for clunkers"?

Started by b5blue, December 23, 2018, 12:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Still my friend has a 98 z-71 chevy and said similar trucks were bringing 4500.00 on eBay. (With over 200K miles on them?)  :shruggy:

Mike DC

In 1990 people were struggling to understand how a '69 Charger could bring $4500. 

It's just supply, demand, and inflation.   

Today the dealerships are loaded with brand new pickup trucks that cost $45,000 and beyond.  $4500 is 10% of that. 

b5blue

Yea, I just fact checked what he said and found 2 similar trucks for under 2K around Tampa.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

A lot (most) of these cars are going to an auction company (they buy trade in's from the dealers). They are bought up by Mexicans and towed/driven in caravans straight South.
I see this in person once a month (on the interstate). They are driven by Mexicans and headed south.  It does not bother me one bit either.

ACUDANUT

I just sold my Daughters 2000 Pontiac Grand am se for 1000 bucks. It only had 120K miles on it. It ran perfect..... Rust and paint fade made it ugly.