News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Very Patroitic Song For U.S. Veterens

Started by ACUDANUT, December 26, 2018, 05:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH3yaGpfczc

Song was inspired by Abraham Lincoln, during the Civil War. He was looking out of the train he was in and saw nothing but dead soldiers. He wrote in his diary "the last full measure of devotion".

The MD (doctor) who sang that is a double amputee and is from Dublin Ireland.

Cheers

ACUDANUT

Any other Veteran's out there ?

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

draftingmonkey

Marine vet here. Saw this when I was watching the service. Moving song. Thanks for posting.

ACUDANUT

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 03, 2019, 08:06:27 PM
Sad, nobody else loves this song.

objectively and musically speaking, its pretty terrible.

Sure, its a noble subject matter, but doesn't change the fact that the song sucks. It's like Christian rock...its unlistenable garbage, but it gets a pass bc of its "message".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

alfaitalia

I'm glad you said that and not me! I agree 100%.....but decided to say nothing and avoid all the "you are anti American" rubbish that gets thrown my way! Message is good...song is musically rubbish. Even the message seems  to have little relevance the Bush Snr (who it was sung for)as it seems (to my ears) to be about dying in combat for your country....maybe it more about dead folks who served their country...full stop. But yes it certainly is patriotic as the OP said.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ACUDANUT

To each their own.  it was not meant for Mexican's or people from other Countries.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 16, 2019, 07:02:44 PM
To each their own.  it was not meant for Mexican's.

A Mexican's what or who? :shruggy:

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 16, 2019, 07:02:44 PM
....or people from other Countries.

I guess....

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 26, 2018, 05:49:53 PM

The MD (doctor) who sang that is a double amputee and is from Dublin Ireland.

Cheers

:smilielol:

Ponch ®

ACUDANUT

This thread is for U.S. Vets..
Other County's have theirs. Why are you bashing ours?.  Get a life, this does not apply to you. Mind your own business. Get a JOB.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 16, 2019, 07:52:16 PM
This thread is for U.S. Vets..
Other County's have theirs. Why are you bashing ours?.  Get a life, this does not apply to you. Mind your own business. Get a JOB.

1) I told you, I had bone spurs. 2) I'm American and Im bashing the song, not our country. 3) I have a better job than you'll ever have...I guess I stole it from myself?

DixieRestoParts

That Toby Keith one is pretty awful too tho.

In any event, this is the most patriotic song ever, IMHO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_k5_egUAo

Second most patriotic song ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58
[/quote]

James Brown is cool. I think this might be the most patriotic ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWVgLLnGaWs&start_radio=1&list=RDvWVgLLnGaWs
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Ponch ®