News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona build sheet

Started by chubby53, March 05, 2021, 10:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chubby53

Like it says my Daytona came with two  build build sheets it's own plus this one, this is for believe a red , 440, auto . Knowing what you bunch of rivet counters pay for a date coded washer i guess i'll sell it. I checked and so far the dosen't seemed to have survived although so many turn up barns who knows . If your interested make an offer NOT ON I WON'T be back on here again email keithbaker502@gmail . Hope the photo show enough detail . When do think another one will turn up ??

taxspeaker

Email address is from http://www.bakers-field.co.uk/contacts.html in England
Serial number could possibly be helpful!! A red Daytona, 440, auto is fairly common as Daytona's go.
I understand capitalism but disappointed to see "for sale". The rivet counters comment is kind of funny though.

Hope it's someone here and the price is reasonable.

Sgt Superbird

I agree with the disappointment comment.

ph23vo

no way to know with the vin hidden..

Old Moparz

Some people will pay to get their build sheet but many will not, including myself. I have a build sheet that I found in the rear seat springs of a Dodge Coronet Convertible seat that is for a Coronet R/T Convertible. I have a Coronet 500 but no sheet for it & don't care. I have advertised the sheet I have on several sites offering it for free if the owner can prove he has the car. Had about 5 or 6 inquiries but no match.

Can't say that asking for money is wrong but I wouldn't do it. I'd rather get a ride in the car, especially a Daytona or might want to sit down for a cold beer & talk cars.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

6bblgt

it appears, the only Daytona with "136" for the last 3-digits is:

XX29L9B355136
car # 468
shipped to: FRAZE MOTORS in Portland, IN (Northeast of Indianapolis on the Ohio border)

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

held1823

two schools of thought on reuniting build sheets

i subscribe to the opposite one and hate to see sheets end up in the hands of opportunists
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

426HemiChick

Quote from: chubby53 on March 05, 2021, 10:16:59 AM
Like it says my Daytona came with two  build build sheets it's own plus this one, this is for believe a red , 440, auto . Knowing what you bunch of rivet counters pay for a date coded washer i guess i'll sell it. I checked and so far the dosen't seemed to have survived although so many turn up barns who knows . If your interested make an offer NOT ON I WON'T be back on here again email keithbaker502@gmail . Hope the photo show enough detail . When do think another one will turn up ??

Hi Chubby,                     06 March 2021

Nice of you to post your offer to sell something that belongs to someone else. Are you related to Galen Govier by any chance? He tried a similar scam for $25K. He wound up with Nothing except additional tarnish on his already corroded reputation.

If you do locate the owner of the build sheet you claim you have, do the honorable thing and return it to its rightful owner.

Being a retired cop, I detect the smell of a ripened corpse.

Suggestion for you Chubo: Take what you purport to have and put it someplace nice, warm and safe, where no one will find it . . . . except a Proctologist, Coroner or Mortician.

Last but not least: How'd your thinking become so bollixed up?

Christine # 2 of the 426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

DownZero

Never understood this "selling" of build sheets. You're looking to sell to only 1 customer. If that 1 customer won't pay then you have a worthless piece of aged paper. If you would offer it free to the rightful owner you may get a slight reward but more importantly good karma.

talkiemopar

I reunited the HEMI build sheet i found in my 440 -500-- FOR FREE- and i felt good about it.   Rick.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_tongue: :yesnod: :cheers:

chubby53

I can't reunite a build sheet with something that no longer exist , second i thought if i posted on here there was no chance of it ever getting used to build a ringer as you lot would spot it . Also i wouldn't pay thousands for the Magna Carta , so it's just a piece of paper that would be nice in a frame on some body's wall

Birdflu

Then why not post the whole VIN so we'd all be certain when the fake was built?  :shruggy:

70 sublime

Hmm I was thinking that piece of paper would be neat to frame and hang on the wall

I emailed and offered $100 for it with the thought if anyone did come looking for it I could trade it for a ride in a real Daytona  :2thumbs:

His reply that I got back would indicate that he thinks it is worth much more

So I just saved a copy of the image and printed it off instead
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69_500

Why not just name the price that your looking to get for the sheet Keith? If you want PM me the price your looking for. It wouldn't be the first sheet I have paid for that I just have laying around here. Difference is, that I have also given away 20 sheets over the years to the owners of cars. Including ones I paid for, but I see no reason to charge for a sheet to get to the right car.

That being said, I will PM you and see if we can work out a deal.