News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

COPART MI, Superbird & USAC Charger burn victims

Started by 6bblgt, September 13, 2018, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevetona

On another note I've seen photos of many burned classic cars from the California fires. Hope no Aero cars will be lost.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on November 14, 2018, 11:55:23 AM
I just received my latest copy of Mopar Collectors Guide and they have an article on the fire.
In it they state that Milt is going to rebuild one of the burnt stock cars?
So did Milt buy them ALL back himself in the auction?
MJ
they never actually show pictures of the cars at Coparts lot  ( which they always do )  ,  all the pictures were taken at milts 
  I will bet the cars never left milts  , and they held the auction on line .  Milt must have retained at least one or maybe all the cars . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcarenvy

I really hope he got enough insurance money to rebuild. I for one would donate to a go-fund-me to help him out.

alfaitalia

Let that be a lesson to all of us. How often do you really pay attention to where the sparks go when grinding (or welding or even torching seized bolts). I nearly lost a car welding (internal paint caught light on the floor pan) but spotted it in time. My garage is brick built (rather than the wood of Milts building) so it probably would not have been as disastrous as this one.....but better safe than sorry. Be safe out there!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

bannedbird

- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

aerolith

Wooden garages for storage ONLY methinks!  :flame:

Concrete garages for metalwork and log burners on those wintery nights... :scratchchin:

A friend of mine was renting a garage in a shared complex and some 'bright-spark' set light to his for 'insurance' purposes.
Burnt the whole row of garages down to the ground and NO ONE got any compensation for their total losses.
Mint Dodge and new crate motor melted to scrap, lucky it was only a lowly 340-DART!

He will go mental if he reads this :slap: :slap: :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

djcarguy

moparstuart

restored ??  back to original
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?