News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burnt EB5 Superbird RM23UOA179753 !

Started by tan top, December 28, 2018, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

I thought the fender tag looked like repop also with no bent corner. LEON.

birdsandbees

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 31, 2018, 11:29:32 PM
I thought the fender tag looked like repop also with no bent corner. LEON.

Lynch Road hung tags from the visor bracket hole.. at least in '69 so corners are not bent on same.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

hemi-hampton

when i used to get body in white cars from Chrysler they were hung from a wire in engine compartment from firewall. LEON.

62 Max

For what it's worth,this was on my car,put it back on when I finished the car then took it off after all the BS !

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcarenvy

I agree with Alaskan T/A on this one. I think that the floors and frame rails might still be good on this one. The firewall looks to be indecent shape too. That is more than some of the "restored" cars out there have original. This would be a massive undertaking only to have a questionable car when done.

chargervert

If the original car is reconstructed,there is nothing questional about it. It would be a reconstructed car.

Birdflu

Would it be reconstructed or repaired? Those two words, though similar in meaning, are perceived different in our hobby...just saying. It is through the diligence of the members of this board that the potential new owner(s) are kept in the loop as to what this cars history was. 

Aero426

Quote from: wingcarenvy on January 04, 2019, 12:44:52 AM
I agree with Alaskan T/A on this one. I think that the floors and frame rails might still be good on this one. The firewall looks to be indecent shape too. That is more than some of the "restored" cars out there have original. This would be a massive undertaking only to have a questionable car when done.

If it is ever restored/rebuilt/rebodied, it will have a salvage title.    There is a place for it, and it will carry the identity of the original VIN.   It will be worth something less than a car with better history and worth more than a clone not carrying the Superbird VIN.

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on January 04, 2019, 02:09:40 PM

If it is ever restored/rebuilt/rebodied, it will have a salvage title.    There is a place for it, and it will carry the identity of the original VIN.   It will be worth something less than a car with better history and worth more than a clone not carrying the Superbird VIN.

X2.

62 Max

How do you interpret this ?

Title Type:   CLEAN TITLE

A383Wing

QuoteHow do you interpret this ?

Title Type:   CLEAN TITLE

no ketchup or mustard stains from the drive-in?

Bryan   ;D

62 Max

Quote from: A383Wing on January 04, 2019, 02:58:51 PM
QuoteHow do you interpret this ?

Title Type:   CLEAN TITLE

no ketchup or mustard stains from the drive-in?

Bryan   ;D

:nono:

Alaskan_TA

I got an email from one of my contacts at the NICB, he said the VIN has been indexed.

So if the car is 'reborn' it will set off a red flag in the legal system.   :cheers:

Birdflu

Well said... :yesnod:

Aero426

Quote from: 62 Max on January 04, 2019, 02:51:35 PM

If it is ever restored/rebuilt/rebodied, it will have a salvage title.    There is a place for it, and it will carry the identity of the original VIN.   It will be worth something less than a car with better history and worth more than a clone not carrying the Superbird VIN.

How do you interpret this ?

Title Type:   CLEAN TITLE

If insurance has paid off on it as a total loss, (he was insured),    I don't know how the buyer could possibly get a clean title.   

taxspeaker

You can buy a car back from the insurance company even after being totalled, but title should be salvage.

A383Wing

Salvaged titles can be washed out by going through different States to title the car......just as a lot of scammers and car lots did after hurricane Katrina passed through

Bryan

Alaskan_TA

Nothing left of RM23U0A179753 worth buying back though.

Dead & gone.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: A383Wing on January 04, 2019, 09:52:38 PM
Salvaged titles can be washed out by going through different States to title the car......just as a lot of scammers and car lots did after hurricane Katrina passed through

Bryan

Title 'washing' is also illegal.

Birdflu

Quote from: taxspeaker on January 04, 2019, 07:14:54 PM
You can buy a car back from the insurance company even after being totalled, but title should be salvage.

Seen this happen in 3 different occasions up here in Minnesota. The insurance companies allowed the vehicles to be bought back by the original owners, but never acquired the original titles from the owners and therefore they never got stamped 'salvage'!  :o

A383Wing

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 04, 2019, 09:54:29 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on January 04, 2019, 09:52:38 PM

Bryan

Title 'washing' is also illegal.

I wasn't implying that title washing is legal, I was just pointing out that it's all way to easy to get the "salvage" removed from the title paperwork and then just pawn the car off to someone that not suspecting that the car has had a "checkers" past

You should have seen all the cars we got up here to inspect after hurricane Katrina and the last big floods of Texas

Bryan

djcarguy

Stu or anyone is milt or past owners, a member here??  WAS this bird dressed as a Nascar in the past??  Big hole drivers quarter,,filler gas hole??

looks like 2 antenna hole??  whats with few mirror holes an other holes in drivers door?

Maybe build it back up as a race car .cage to hold it in shape. just thinking out of the box an out loud. :scratchchin: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

odcics2

Car was customized back in the 80's with Charger fuel cap, dual retracting antennas, 510 CI engine, 3.54 dana, air grabber, custom interior and paint.

bannedbird

Anyone know: is Milt planning on buying the 'Bird back?  An earlier post (possibly the other thread) said he was planning to rebuild both cars he lost.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85