News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burnt EB5 Superbird RM23UOA179753 !

Started by tan top, December 28, 2018, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

4DAYS 23 hours to bid?   they updated aution says it sells 1 22 19.     BID AWAY if you want it.   :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

bannedbird

Anyone care to get into the "what-will-it-sell-for pool"?  Then there will be "what-the-heck-are-they-going-to-do-with-it pool".

I'm going $14,900 for the first pool.  Owner can say: "yeah... I own me one of those Million Dollar Superbirds; although it's not running right now".  Probably a good deal: It cost me a lot more for my 3rd key to the "Aero Car Owner's Only" bathroom!

(Clarification: this is meant to be funny - there is no special bathroom... is there???)
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: djcarguy on January 17, 2019, 11:37:32 AM
 BID AWAY

Throw your money away is more like it, that thing is junk & the VIN has very thankfully been flagged in the legal system.

djcarguy

chargervert

I would not be afraid to attempt to save this car, With a donor roof and the sheetmetal that is available from AMD I think it can be done. I think the metal that was heated,can be reheated and oil quenched to revise strength.

Redbird

How would you feel if you were the 3rd buyer after this thing is flipped a few times? Then you found out it was this Frankenstein?

Even worse, say someone cobbled it together and then someone down the ownership train had their grand kids in the car and a disastrous accident happens?

There is no reason this has to be saved. There are plenty of whole cars.

My take is that this is just greed, plain and simple. If anyone burned up a Toyota Camary like this what would happen?

I'm guessing a 1970 Satellite will be driven under the tags to be a donor.

Redbird

I was at the Mecum auction at Back to the 50's in 2011. It could have happened at any auction, so not to call any auction house out. This Chevelle I believe had gone over the block with a "Bid Goes On". It gets driven back to one of the barns and the suspension gives away. What would have happened if a new buyer had bought it, put it on the street, then dropped the hammer to see what it would do?

farm966

That Harbor Freight JB weld just isn't the same as the real stuff!! The owner was hoping he could get by with the HF JB weld holding the suspension together, but it didn't quite work...I am kidding of course. Scary stuff right there.

gwinnetts

I thought the air grabber option was not available on a Superbird. Was this a mod someone did or were there some that had the air grabber?

And you guys may say crazy but I am going to bid on this. I built my 69 Charger and 73 Challenger from buckets of rust, I think I can do this one as well. I don't expect to get it, but what if ???? Lol

odcics2

I commented on all the custom modifications to the car in an earlier post...
I knew the car, rode in the car, in the early 80s.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

gwinnetts

djcarguy

:popcrn:$12,200 with 21 hrs to go   :popcrn:

:icon_smile_question: build a saltflat,road racer, nascar out of it?  ??? a striped down ,caged up race toy.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_question:

if I recall past info. strip an dip burned cars to reverse fire ,heat damage to sheetmetal.  :icon_smile_question:  :scratchchin:

odcics2

But what reverses anything warped?

No magic dip for that...   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

gwinnetts

Well damn!! Someone wanted it worse than I did. I just got outbid at $ 15,100.

djcarguy

Bid at $15,800 with 3hrs 40 mins left    :popcrn: :popcrn:

gwinnetts

$ 19,100 now prebiding has ended

Just updated to $ 19,900

held1823

one hell of an expensive vin number, when the buyer has no idea the future fraud will be well documented
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

gwinnetts

$ 25,500 right now. Crosses the block in about 85 minutes.

bannedbird

Maybe the owner will put it back to the way Milt had it.  It certainly is an iconic car in our hobby. 
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

gwinnetts

gwinnetts

He's got his work cut out, but I'd love to have been the one facing that problem.

aerolith

Its real sad to see a 'burnt-up' Birdie indeed!
There was a time when Birdies and Tona's were laughed at and unwanted, plus hard to sell.
In the early 80's they were lounging on 'dealer lots' for a measly $5000!
Now you gotta pay $25,000 for a fender tag... :slap:

How times and tastes have changed, even the 'King' (Petty) said they was GAWDY... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Coolest Aero is still a C500 lol... :coolgleamA:
Who needs flip/pop-ups anyways... :icon_smile_blackeye:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

62 Max

Paid $ 4,200 for mine in 1982 !!  :image_294343:

Mopar John

Quote from: gwinnetts on January 22, 2019, 11:59:07 AM
Sold $25.500
Does the $25,500.00 include all the auction add ons?
When it was at $19,000.00 there were about $1,000.00 in add ons!
Now that it's sold I don't see the add ons anymore?

MJ