News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burnt EB5 Superbird RM23UOA179753 !

Started by tan top, December 28, 2018, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwinnetts

No the add-ons are in addition to the sale price

gwinnetts

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: gwinnetts on February 04, 2019, 07:13:48 PM
Anybody hear where this ended up?

It ended badly, very badly.

In a fire..........

gwinnetts

O.K. I'll try again again. Does anyone know who won the auction for this burned bird?

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: gwinnetts on February 04, 2019, 09:37:04 PM
O.K. I'll try again again. Does anyone know who won the auction for this burned bird?

A real idiot.

A383Wing

Quote from: gwinnetts on February 04, 2019, 09:37:04 PM

Someone with a lot more money than brain cells

gwinnetts

More likely someone with more time and talent than money.

I know some people that don't have that talent or time might disagree and post disparaging comments as I've seen here.

That's O.K. I think its important for people to know the limitations.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: gwinnetts on February 05, 2019, 05:37:48 PM

I think its important for people to know the limitations.

People need to know what is illegal about bringing dead VINs back to life as well.  :Twocents:

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 04, 2019, 04:42:51 PM
I got an email from one of my contacts at the NICB, he said the VIN has been indexed.

So if the car is 'reborn' it will set off a red flag in the legal system.   :cheers:

chargervert

What if someone rebuilds the original car?  What say would NICB have if the car gets reconstructed using the original unibody structure,with new sheetmetal?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: chargervert on February 05, 2019, 11:06:47 PM
What if someone rebuilds the original car?  What say would NICB have if the car gets reconstructed using the original unibody structure,with new sheetmetal?

absolutely nothing, same as if the car was rebodied with a donor, happens everyday, the NICB has no say/control over how an individual or shop "reconstructs" a vehicle, now if I just had a VIN and I'm attaching it to another vehicle, then there "might" be some cause for concern... but if I'm combining a number of legally owned vehicles/parts to reconstruct a vehicle there's basically nothing they can do, nor are they interested... if they were their dance card would be filled visiting every  vintage collision/repair center or TV/cable show resurrecting a bag of rust or burned out hulk being rebuilt with sometimes as little less than 25-50% of the original car at times...VIN laws were created to deter theft of vehicles and altering/hiding their legally defined "paper" identities for resale, they were not written regarding how John Q Public was rebuilding/resurrecting his legally owned wrecks/junkers, although those wannabe VIN police goody do gooders with delusions of fighting grease and grime want you to think otherwise, this car will go on to be resurrected, perhaps sold many times over, with only the delusional VIN police chasing it's tail at every appearance or resale until eventually no one cares anymore

chubby53

Question , would it have been worth it if it was a daytona ? i paid £50k $65k ish for mine in one piece matching numbers 440 auto all oem except nose

62 Max

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 05, 2019, 11:39:21 PM

absolutely nothing, same as if the car was rebodied with a donor, happens everyday, the NICB has no say/control over how an individual or shop "reconstructs" a vehicle, now if I just had a VIN and I'm attaching it to another vehicle, then there "might" be some cause for concern... but if I'm combining a number of legally owned vehicles/parts to reconstruct a vehicle there's basically nothing they can do, nor are they interested... if they were their dance card would be filled visiting every  vintage collision/repair center or TV/cable show resurrecting a bag of rust or burned out hulk being rebuilt with sometimes as little less than 25-50% of the original car at times...VIN laws were created to deter theft of vehicles and altering/hiding their legally defined "paper" identities for resale, they were not written regarding how John Q Public was rebuilding/resurrecting his legally owned wrecks/junkers, although those wannabe VIN police goody do gooders with delusions of fighting grease and grime want you to think otherwise, this car will go on to be resurrected, perhaps sold many times over, with only the delusional VIN police chasing it's tail at every appearance or resale until eventually no one cares anymore

VIN laws were created to deter theft of vehicles and altering/hiding their legally defined "paper" identities for resale, they were not written regarding how John Q Public was rebuilding/resurrecting his legally owned wrecks/junkers, although those wannabe VIN police goody do gooders with delusions of fighting grease and grime want you to think otherwise, this car will go on to be resurrected, perhaps sold many times over, with only the delusional VIN police chasing it's tail at every appearance or resale until eventually no one cares anymore
[/quote]

Amen to that !!

Alaskan_TA

What of the 'unibody structure' on this car is usable?

Nothing.

NICB has a website, if you have questions for them please feel free to contact them.  :cheers:

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: 62 Max on February 06, 2019, 02:33:32 PM

absolutely nothing, same as if the car was rebodied with a donor, happens everyday, the NICB has no say/control over how an individual or shop "reconstructs" a vehicle, now if I just had a VIN and I'm attaching it to another vehicle, then there "might" be some cause for concern... but if I'm combining a number of legally owned vehicles/parts to reconstruct a vehicle there's basically nothing they can do, nor are they interested... if they were their dance card would be filled visiting every  vintage collision/repair center or TV/cable show resurrecting a bag of rust or burned out hulk being rebuilt with sometimes as little less than 25-50% of the original car at times...VIN laws were created to deter theft of vehicles and altering/hiding their legally defined "paper" identities for resale, they were not written regarding how John Q Public was rebuilding/resurrecting his legally owned wrecks/junkers, although those wannabe VIN police goody do gooders with delusions of fighting grease and grime want you to think otherwise, this car will go on to be resurrected, perhaps sold many times over, with only the delusional VIN police chasing it's tail at every appearance or resale until eventually no one cares anymore

VIN laws were created to deter theft of vehicles and altering/hiding their legally defined "paper" identities for resale, they were not written regarding how John Q Public was rebuilding/resurrecting his legally owned wrecks/junkers, although those wannabe VIN police goody do gooders with delusions of fighting grease and grime want you to think otherwise, this car will go on to be resurrected, perhaps sold many times over, with only the delusional VIN police chasing it's tail at every appearance or resale until eventually no one cares anymore
[/color]

QuoteAmen to that !!

VIN fraud extends well beyond paper IDs.

It is always cool that the people that think this sort of thing is OK chime in so people can see what they are really like.   :icon_smile_big:

gwinnetts

[/color]

Amen to that !!
[/quote]

I'll second that Amen. I'll also add that if I had been fortunate enough to have won the bid on it, I have no doubt I could build it back to a nice driver. I've already built a 73 Challenger and a 69 Charger that were little more than vin tags. Rust rust rust. Title doesn't mean a damn thing to me. So I'm not really worried about the "hall monitor" reporting anything I may build to the title police. Georgia won't issue a title on anything that old anyway. Yeah if you have one thats nice, but for a driver, who cares. I may be one of the rare few (I don't believe it for a minute), but I enjoy the building process and the enjoyment of driving something that I built. The investment is not what I would be after, Hard to believe for some, but true nonetheless.

This auction was a once in a lifetime chance for me to purchase a REAL 70 Superbird. I will probably never be able to afford to buy one in decent condition. It's my "Holy Grail" burned or rolled over doesn't matter. Not interested in building a "clone". Not the same thing. I hope this bird shoes up again as I am just really curious who it went to.

62 Max

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 06, 2019, 05:56:29 PM

absolutely nothing, same as if the car was rebodied with a donor, happens everyday, the NICB has no say/control over how an individual or shop "reconstructs" a vehicle, now if I just had a VIN and I'm attaching it to another vehicle, then there "might" be some cause for concern... but if I'm combining a number of legally owned vehicles/parts to reconstruct a vehicle there's basically nothing they can do, nor are they interested... if they were their dance card would be filled visiting every  vintage collision/repair center or TV/cable show resurrecting a bag of rust or burned out hulk being rebuilt with sometimes as little less than 25-50% of the original car at times...VIN laws were created to deter theft of vehicles and altering/hiding their legally defined "paper" identities for resale, they were not written regarding how John Q Public was rebuilding/resurrecting his legally owned wrecks/junkers, although those wannabe VIN police goody do gooders with delusions of fighting grease and grime want you to think otherwise, this car will go on to be resurrected, perhaps sold many times over, with only the delusional VIN police chasing it's tail at every appearance or resale until eventually no one cares anymore

[/color]

QuoteAmen to that !!

VIN fraud extends well beyond paper IDs.

It is always cool that the people that think this sort of thing is OK chime in so people can see what they are really like.   :icon_smile_big:

No,the definition of like and think are not the same!    :scratchchin:

bannedbird

Let me ask this: What if the man that owned this car at the time of the fire, not hiding the burnt history, rebuilt it back to the mild custom it was?  Would all, some, or one of you be as enthusiastic telling him he is breaking the law and is an idiot?  Or that it is a fake bird now? 
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

bannedbird

- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

69 500

well Bullwinkle I see that you have opened your mouth again and made another bunch of friends. you do have an amazing set of people skills!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: bannedbird on February 07, 2019, 09:27:12 PM
Let me ask this: What if the man that owned this car at the time of the fire, not hiding the burnt history, rebuilt it back to the mild custom it was?  Would all, some, or one of you be as enthusiastic telling him he is breaking the law and is an idiot?  Or that it is a fake bird now? 

Personally if it was my car that this happened to,(1) you wouldn't know,(2) nor would I make it known, (3)I would just build another from what's left of the so-called original and it would be reborn, VIN and all...

held1823

Quote from: 69 500 on February 07, 2019, 11:46:54 PM
well Bullwinkle I see that you have opened your mouth again and made another bunch of friends. you do have an amazing set of people skills!

if you are referring to alaskan t/a (guessing this by his icon picture), you will find that a majority here agree with his sentiments on this topic than do not.
many here are also aware of the valuable resources he has a large part in for the mopar community, so, yeah, his people skills are solid

this scenario has been beat to death here, and long time members could name those who are vocal both for and against it, before the first comment is posted.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

gwinnetts

gwinnetts

Quote from: held1823 on February 08, 2019, 12:03:34 PM
Quote from: 69 500 on February 07, 2019, 11:46:54 PM

if you are referring to alaskan t/a (guessing this by his icon picture), you will find that a majority here agree with his sentiments on this topic than do not.
many here are also aware of the valuable resources he has a large part in for the mopar community, so, yeah, his people skills are solid

this scenario has been beat to death here, and long time members could name those who are vocal both for and against it, before the first comment is posted.

Well as far as "this scenario" goes, a simple question was asked and he (Alaskan T/A so there is no misunderstanding) responded to that question with a comment that was obviously meant to be antagonistic. I'm guessing that he probably does that a lot. It was unnecessary and really should have no place here. Also not sure what "majority" you are speaking for, nor does it really matter to me.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Sgt Superbird