News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proform 750 double pumper issues

Started by Paul G, December 31, 2018, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I think it probably is fine as long as the restriction is not smaller than the holes on things like the IFR and other metering orifices.  My guess is that it is perfectly fine, but I suppose the holes could also be enlarged. 

I will be very interested to see how this turns out.  My guess is you found the solution, and that was also probably the reason for the carburetor being sold.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Paul G

I put the proform back on my my 72 with the AFR gauge. I can see what the carb is doing on the 72. The new metering blocks from Proform are on the carb. Adjusted idle mixture and idle speed. Stumble and backfire issues are gone. Drove the car, no issues. The carb was running very rich but I am not surprised. It is too much carb for a 360.

Not sure what was wrong with those original metering blocks? Possibly they were not the right blocks for this carb. Maybe they were supposed to be on a smaller carb or something?

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#