News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Computer Wizard needed

Started by poppa, January 02, 2019, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Hi , I have a pc and 2 lap tops. I would like to be able to get pics/music from one to another. My newer lap top would be my everyday ,my pc would be more for pics/music and the older lap top would be more for wife/grandkids. I have pics/music on all and would like to move when wanted/needed. All have different operating systems. My lap top has 8.1 , pc has 10 and older lap top has a (This copy of Windows 7 is not genuine) . Bought last one used , need to fix this also. So what's the best way to do this??? Help? Suggestions? Thanks and Happy New Year!
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

ODZKing

Poppa,
I am no genius on computers but, the easiest way to transfer is with a portable drive of some sort. Be it a thumb drive or external hard drive.
Thumb drives are probably the easiest to acquire and then simply copy files from one computer to the other.
As far as the "not genuine" win 7, there are cracks out there.
Example: https://www.itechfever.com/how-to-fix-windows-7-not-genuine-error/

72Charger72

You used to be able to setup a small home network with an inexpensive switch but in Win 10 home they have removed that option.
I would use drop box free to move from one pc to another or One Drive or Google Drive.

Ponch ®

I agree w the above post. Dropbox and/or Google Drive. It'll also let you access the stuff through your phone/tablet.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West