News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger front park lights

Started by Lngbrdz, December 15, 2020, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lngbrdz

Looking for anyone that knows how to rebuild the internals of the front park lights. Apparently something is not grounding when i turn the lights on. When the turn signal is applied it works but when i turn the lights on in either park or headlight, the left park light turns off and the left hood and dash indicator light up and stay on. I tried using electrical cleaner and it works for a moment then it goes back into gremlin mode. Any help would be helpful im not afraid to rebuild it if im told how to disassemble the electrical innards.

70 sublime

One of mine does the same
Think I found it was the screw that mounts the assembly to the front valance has to make a good ground
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi68charger

If there isn't a good connection between the bulb receptacle and the housing, you will have a ground issue..

1. using your Fluke meter, check ohms/continuity between the housing and the receptacle
2. as eluded to, check the ground between the housing and the valance. The 2 attach points at the bottom of the housing should be the ground point.

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection