News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 B-Body Dash Restoration

Started by rikubot, January 05, 2019, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

Came out nice!  If you still need to cover the speaker, I'd just use some grill cloth.  Pretty cheap, can be cut to fit, and useful for other projects as well.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

rikubot

Thanks Texas! That's a great idea for the speaker. I can do the same for the rear under the package tray as well.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I'm back with another question  :icon_smile_big:

I have a small hole under my dash near the ignition. I'm wondering if it is a stock thing or if it's just another hole the previous owner drilled into the car. Here it is in the picture:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Here's what I've got going on right now. Wiring up a Bluetooth amp to the dash speaker, two package tray speakers, and an 8" subwoofer. It sounds pretty good outside of the car so I'm hoping it sounds good in the car as well.

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I added a toggle switch for the sound system and replaced the cigarette lighter with a dual USB charging port. The ash tray insert looked out of place with the raw galvanized finished so i sandblasted and painted it. I also painted the glovebox door with SEM vinyl paint. It looked a little dull next to the other freshly painted pad. I'll most likely do the other two now.

'69 Charger, 440/727

green69rt

Quote from: rikubot on September 21, 2020, 01:08:29 AM
I added a toggle switch for the sound system and replaced the cigarette lighter with a dual USB charging port. The ash tray insert looked out of place with the raw galvanized finished so i sandblasted and painted it. I also painted the glovebox door with SEM vinyl paint. It looked a little dull next to the other freshly painted pad. I'll most likely do the other two now.

Use an application of something like Armour All on the dull piece, it will add a little shine and protection to the finish.  The more ArmorAll you use the more shine you get.

blakemon

Not a fan of ArmorAll because it is somewhat greasy.

green69rt

Quote from: blakemon on September 25, 2020, 02:12:18 AM
Not a fan of ArmorAll because it is somewhat greasy.
Yes, because it has silicone in it.  It feels slick bust won' t come off on your cloths if you wipe it down really well.  i also use it as a lubricant on window felts when a window is hard to roll up and down.

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727

AKcharger

Well Done! like the USB in place of the lighter!
- Grill Mesh...Where is that sold?

rikubot

Quote from: AKcharger on October 03, 2020, 08:00:47 AM
Well Done! like the USB in place of the lighter!
- Grill Mesh...Where is that sold?

Thank ya! For the speaker mesh stuff I was told anything you'd cover speakers with would work. There's a few options on eBay, some better than others. That's what I was gonna try.
'69 Charger, 440/727

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: rikubot on September 02, 2020, 12:57:36 AM

I have a small hole under my dash near the ignition. I'm wondering if it is a stock thing or if it's just another hole the previous owner drilled into the car. Here it is in the picture:

4 speed reverse light indicator hole?

rikubot

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on October 11, 2020, 11:25:37 PM

That's gotta be it. Does that mean my dash went to a 4-speed car at one point or are they all stamped like that?
'69 Charger, 440/727

AKcharger

Or a guy on assembly line mistakenly grabbed a 4 speed dash installed it and then saw build sheet and said..."screw it, it's fine"

rikubot

Hahaha just one more way to confuse me on the history of my car.
'69 Charger, 440/727

igozumn

If it was the reverse light for a 4-speed, the hole would be on the more verticle part of the dash, almost to the lower pad, and not on the horizontal/bottom part of the frame. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

rikubot

Hmmm? Yeah it does look like that in the picture. It's all on the u derailed flat part. The mystery continues...
'69 Charger, 440/727

1970Moparmann

Great thread!  Looks awesome!  Thanks for all the detail! :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Domino

If not mentioned: Rear speaker on/off toggle switch possibly

rikubot

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 06, 2020, 01:48:47 PM
Great thread!  Looks awesome!  Thanks for all the detail! :cheers:

Thank you sir 🙏  :cheers:
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Quote from: Domino on December 07, 2020, 01:20:26 PM

If not mentioned: Rear speaker on/off toggle switch possibly

I hadnt thought of that. I wasn't aware they had a rear speaker shut off. I thought it might be rear window defroster but that is up under the dash pad.
'69 Charger, 440/727

hemi68charger

that might be for the rear speaker fader switch..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection