News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8" Ramcharger Steel Wheels.

Started by mr. hemi, January 06, 2019, 10:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. hemi

I am a fan of the OEM steel wheel and dog dish hub cap look. Has anyone utilized the 8" x 15" plain steel wheels that were available on the mid 80's Dodge Ramchargers successfully? Tire sizes that will work without massaging wheel openings? Looking for the Resto-mod function without all of the Resto-mod look.

Cheers.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

chargerbr549

Depending on what year and if its a 2wd or 4wd Ramcharger they came with either a 5x4.5 or 5x5.5 bolt pattern. I think the years are 1974-1979 4wd full time 4x4's had the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and 1980 and up went to 5x5.5 with the part time front axle, the 2wd's had 5x4.5 up till 1984 and 1985 they went to 5x5.5, I might be off a year or two but I believe it's pretty close. To add a little more confusion in 1974 the half ton 4wd pickups were a divorced transfercase part time 4x4 with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern and in 1975 they copied the Ramcharger drivetrain. The cars were 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

Kern Dog

The Ramcharger 15x8 wheels are HEAVY.

mr. hemi

Thanks for the replies. I actually have an NOS set of these wheels (photo attached). They were on my Charger when I purchased it years ago. I never really drove the car in that configuration (had 50 series tires on it) as I immediately disassembled the car for restoration (as received photo attached). These are still sitting in my shop and I was eyeing them up for a future project with a "sleeper' look.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

c00nhunterjoe

Whats the backspacing measure on them? What size tire are you going to run?

mr. hemi

mr. hemi

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 16, 2019, 03:36:00 PM
Whats the backspacing measure on them? What size tire are you going to run?

0 offset, so that would be 4" (bead) or 4.5" (edge of rim) back spacing.

Tire size, undecided. Max that will fit in the wheel opening without rubbing. Looking for handling, road race or NASCAR look.