News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you like to "collect"?

Started by b5blue, January 07, 2019, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I've a small pile of Sci-Fy related DVDs and stuff. What calls out for you to acquire? 

nvrbdn

I collect antique toys. When I say that, it includes toys through the 80's and newer for the star wars stuff. But all metal toys, cars, planes etc. Plus space toys, Gi joes, slot car sets, train sets. Yep, I am hooked.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

LUMI

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

I have a collection of war hammers and  battle axes and maces 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

garner7555

I struggle daily to collect my thoughts.    :smilielol:      I stay so busy now that I can't remember anything it seems.    :eek2:     :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

John_Kunkel

By all accounts I collect "junk". Oh, and guns...got over 50 of 'em.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Chad L. Magee

OK, but you will be exposed to my nerdism.  Here are a few that I have insured in locked storage for obvious reasons:

Generation 1 Transformer Toys (including 2 Optimus Primes, Star Scream, Soundwave and Reflector, including a few die cast versions before they switched over to plastic)
Video Gaming Systems and Games (from 1978 to 2010, Odyssey 2 to Wii and all systems in between)
Vintage Arcade Video Games (1978 ed. Space Invaders full cabinet, 1982 ed. Asteroids Deluxe table cabinet, 1976 ed. table game cabinet)
Monopoly Games (50+, including several odd 1935 editions, a well-played 50th ed. and an unopened gold foil 60th anniversary ed.)
Antiques (all types)
Vintage comic books (oldest is from 1906, also have a 1917 Katzenjammer Kids coloring book)
Rare books (including a 1912 copy of Aeroplane Designing for Amateurs by Victor Lougheed and a seldom found 1st ed. of Poisons and Poisoners from 1931)
Oil Paintings
Chinese porcelain
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: polywideblock on January 08, 2019, 03:59:33 AM
I have a collection of war hammers and  battle axes and maces 

I have an original Dane axe that I bought at an estate sale for the grand total of $1.  The old lady's family had brought it over from the old country and she did not have any heirs to pass it on down to.  As soon as I saw it, I knew what it was.  Everyone there made fun of me as they thought is was an odd looking, long-handled Tomahawk that I bought.  If they only knew...

timmycharger

Some cool stuff here guys!

I too collect vintage gaming systems, have about 30 working consoles currently..

HO slot cars

1980's up Hobby grade radio control cars and trucks

die cast cars, 1980s Burago F1,  1:18 Mopars..

Vintage Hockey (goalie equipment)

Ponch ®

die casts (me and every other guy here); books (yes, that's a thing); LA Kings memorabilia/jerseys, etc; and im slowly building up a guitar collection (I have like 10 now, pretty sure that qualifies as a collection)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Alaskan_TA

1970 model year Mopar 4-doors.

I have 4 so far & I am hoping to add another one to the collection this year.........

b5blue

Great stuff guys, wide field of interests!  :2thumbs: 

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

RallyeMike

This is kind of an interesting topic. At first I did not consider myself a "collector" other than Mopars, but on second thought, I am:

T-shirts: I keep all my event T-shirts but don't really wear them. The oldest one is from a George Throroughgood concert in 1984. I had older ones but I used to wear them before I just started just putting them away. It's starting to take up too much space.

LPs: Its been 20+ years since I added anything. Most of it is rock and blues from the 60s and 70s. I cut it in half to about 200 LPs a decade ago keeping mostly stuff that you can't find in other media. Want to listen to Dave Mason, Johnny Winter, or every Steppenwolf album? I got it.

22LR: Through various circumstance I have have a lot. I didn't try to collect it – it just happened.

Empty Hot Sauce Bottles: My pal makes his own incredible hot sauce. It's a 7-pepper blend including the Carolina Reaper. He grows all the peppers and it's the perfect blend of hot and taste (for me). I'm lining up the bottles as I finish them off.

State and National Park Commemorative Quarters: About a grand worth so far. 

Papercraft Paper Cars: A guy sells these on eBay. They are TV and movie cars printed on paper that you fold and glue together. I only get the ones that also come with the stand-up paper TV/Movie figure related to the car. Mannix, Kojack, Kowalski, Blues Bros, Dukes, Crazy Larry, the Bandit, Rockford, Starskey & Hutch, etc.  It's cheap, rainy day fun.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

draftingmonkey

Budweiser Holiday Steins - 1980-present
Vintage audio gear - have racks/stacks of amps/pre-amps/receivers/tuners/tape decks/reel-to-reels/turntables/cd player-recorders and stacks of speakers
Audio media - ~10K vinyl albums (including classic 78 rpm discs that have a dedicated TT)reels/cassettes and 8-tracks
Books - mostly paperbacks due to space needed to store.
Really need to sit down and finish my inventory of books and albums. Get tired of buying something I forgot I had.

Back N Black

I collect old gas pumps,
traffic lights,
old refrigerators,
old pedal cars,
lots of die cast cars,
old oil and fuel cans,
Old outboard motors,
neon signs and
parking meters.
Also have a 1947 Schwinn Whizzer and Other misc. stuff like old outdoor movie theatre speakers.

TPR

Diecast Cars in all scales - of Chargers
Slot Cars - of Chargers
Model Kits - of Chargers
Vintage car ads & brochures - of Chargers
You get the idea!
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

b5blue

Lots of cool stuff! I can see why you'd bring it home.  :2thumbs:

69CoronetRT

No surprise....

Mad comics and magazines. I have 1-323. I stopped buying them off the rack the year Gaines died so my newest is 1993.
I have the More Trash, Folllies, and Worst from Mad from 50s and 60s as well as the specials from 70-93 with inserts.

I'm now upgrading the collection to F to NM.
I dabble in the sister publication Panic.

I also have the reprints do the classic EC comics (tales from the crypt, weird science, shock suspense, etc).

What? Me worry?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

dual fours

I do not think of myself as a collector of any one or two, five or ten like items. My mood changes so I swing back and forth with stuff. Depending on the swing I will buy vintage ammo then maybe a tall clock then maybe a British .303 Lee Enfield mk5 Jungle Carbine. An old milk bottle then swing back to a Civil War Confederate .36 cal. pistol. Old hard and soft back books, comic books. HO slot cars and HO trains and stuff from real railroads, post cards and slides. Carbide and kerosene mineworker lanterns (the kind they wore on their hats), oh and carbide cannons. Collecting junk at the right price is fun.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

69wannabe

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 08, 2019, 01:37:52 PM
OK, but you will be exposed to my nerdism.  Here are a few that I have insured in locked storage for obvious reasons:

Generation 1 Transformer Toys (including 2 Optimus Primes, Star Scream, Soundwave and Reflector, including a few die cast versions before they switched over to plastic)
Video Gaming Systems and Games (from 1978 to 2010, Odyssey 2 to Wii and all systems in between)
Vintage Arcade Video Games (1978 ed. Space Invaders full cabinet, 1982 ed. Asteroids Deluxe table cabinet, 1976 ed. table game cabinet)
Monopoly Games (50+, including several odd 1935 editions, a well-played 50th ed. and an unopened gold foil 60th anniversary ed.)
Antiques (all types)
Vintage comic books (oldest is from 1906, also have a 1917 Katzenjammer Kids coloring book)
Rare books (including a 1912 copy of Aeroplane Designing for Amateurs by Victor Lougheed and a seldom found 1st ed. of Poisons and Poisoners from 1931)
Oil Paintings
Chinese porcelain

That's awesome!!!! I am a dukes of hazzard fan and have a good bit of the original 80's dukes toys and merchandise and then moved up to He Man and masters of the universe and have some loose figures and a nice castle greyskull. Got alot of G1 transformers, some original and some re-issues and alot of the movie 07 and up transformers. Optimus Prime is a favorite and I have several different versions from the 20th anniversary edition to all the other recent releases. Also have an original NES and a PS1 and a PS2. Love my childhood toys, haven't grown up yet!!!!

alfaitalia

Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 11, 2019, 10:04:17 PM

That's awesome!!!! I am a dukes of hazzard fan and have a good bit of the original 80's dukes toys and merchandise and then moved up to He Man and masters of the universe and have some loose figures and a nice castle greyskull. Got alot of G1 transformers, some original and some re-issues and alot of the movie 07 and up transformers. Optimus Prime is a favorite and I have several different versions from the 20th anniversary edition to all the other recent releases. Also have an original NES and a PS1 and a PS2. Love my childhood toys, haven't grown up yet!!!!

Off the top of my head, here is the list of the video game systems that I own.  I know that I will miss a few obscure ones, as I put them away years ago in storage.  I am still hunting an Odyssey 1 for my collection, but the one that I did find was just too incomplete for the price ($200).  I typically play on a PS2 system as I have almost 400 different games for it.

Consoles:
Odyssey 2 (in box)
Atari 2600 (5)
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Commodore 64
Colecovision
Intellivision
NES (5, 1 in box)
SNES
Sega Genesis (3, 1 in box)
Nintendo 64 (4, 1 in box)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube (9, 1 in box)
Xbox (6)
Sony PS1 (15, 1 in box)
Sony PS2 (9, 1 in box)
Nintendo Wii (3)

Handheld:
Gameboy (2)
Gameboy Advance (5)
Gameboy Color (2)
Gameboy DS

Most of my systems were picked up at garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets.  Rather than buying full retail, I wait until they go out of style and get them on the cheap.  I got 2 of my NES, 2 Atari 2600s and the Atari 7800 after someone threw them away and I spotted them on the side of the road in their trash.  Talk about hitting a gold mine.  I asked the owner about them and they said "You can have them as we do not want them anymore.".  I also got 200+ games for them thrown in, all for free...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 14, 2019, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: 69wannabe on January 11, 2019, 10:04:17 PM

Off the top of my head, here is the list of the video game systems that I own.  I know that I will miss a few obscure ones, as I put them away years ago in storage.  I am still hunting an Odyssey 1 for my collection, but the one that I did find was just too incomplete for the price ($200).  I typically play on a PS2 system as I have almost 400 different games for it.

Consoles:
Odyssey 2 (in box)
Atari 2600 (5)
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Commodore 64
Colecovision
Intellivision
NES (5, 1 in box)
SNES
Sega Genesis (3, 1 in box)
Nintendo 64 (4, 1 in box)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube (9, 1 in box)
Xbox (6)
Sony PS1 (15, 1 in box)
Sony PS2 (9, 1 in box)
Nintendo Wii (3)

Handheld:
Gameboy (2)
Gameboy Advance (5)
Gameboy Color (2)
Gameboy DS

Most of my systems were picked up at garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets.  Rather than buying full retail, I wait until they go out of style and get them on the cheap.  I got 2 of my NES, 2 Atari 2600s and the Atari 7800 after someone threw them away and I spotted them on the side of the road in their trash.  Talk about hitting a gold mine.  I asked the owner about them and they said "You can have them as we do not want them anymore.".  I also got 200+ games for them thrown in, all for free...

Damn, thats impressive. how often do you randomly take one out of storage for a session?

I'll always have a soft spot for the 7800. It was my first console when I was like 8. Odd console to have, because it wasnt the "old" 2600 or 5200 (even though it was backwards compatible with the cartridges), but the NES was already out by then, so I was behind the curve. Took another year or so of begging, doing chores, washing relatives' cars, and so on til i finally had enough money (and goodwill from my mom to put in the rest) to get the NES. 

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 14, 2019, 03:56:14 PM

Damn, thats impressive. how often do you randomly take one out of storage for a session?

I'll always have a soft spot for the 7800. It was my first console when I was like 8. Odd console to have, because it wasnt the "old" 2600 or 5200 (even though it was backwards compatible with the cartridges), but the NES was already out by then, so I was behind the curve. Took another year or so of begging, doing chores, washing relatives' cars, and so on til i finally had enough money (and goodwill from my mom to put in the rest) to get the NES. 

Thank you, Ponch ®.  Not very often, I might take a different one out each year or so to play with.  Now that they sell retro playing consoles that will play the original game cartridges, I might drop doing that to keep the wear and tear down on them.  My relatives are just waiting for me to die to sell all of it off and spend the money on who knows what...

I did not get my first NES until 1989, when I was a junior in high school.  I paid $125 (new) out of my work funds that I got for cleaning a printing shop to get it.  It took me months to get that amount saved up.  My father said I still had my Atari to play with so why was I wasting my money on this new gaming system.  He bought me the first Atari 2600 way back when they first came out (1978 or 1979) for around $300 for my birthday and part of my Christmas presents for that year.  My mother conned him into buying it as a means to get the family to play it together.  He thought that by spending so much on it, I would want to play it the rest of my life.  That was until the NES came along and had such better graphics.  I still have all of my games for that system, plus the ones that I have picked up over the years from garage sales/flea markets/dumpsters. 

When the NES became so popular, ALCO (a rural version of K-Mart) dropped carrying the Atari systems and drastically reduced the prices on what they had.  I was buying brand-new Atari 2600 and Atari 5200 games for as low as 25 cents a piece, so I stockpiled on some of them.  I still have a few of them still NIB, including a copy of Dig-Dug.  Unfortunately, I got made fun of because I was so behind the times by my classmates, as they were all playing NES.

The Atari 7800 is an odd one, as it only really lasted a year or so on the market.  NES was so popular that it basically killed off all of its competitors, including the video arcade machines.  Many people do not know that the 7800 system even existed, but it did have good games to play. 

I do have two NES cartridges that are classified as rare in my collection.  One is an original copy of Pesterminator (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesterminator:_The_Western_Exterminator).  It was a send-away promo from a pest control company around 1990.  They only made about 50,000 of that game with only a few that actually got sent out before they destroyed the remaining stock.  The other is rather common, except it is likely a factory error.  It is a copy of Kid Icarus, but when played is a copy of Gyromite (a game that you need ROB the robot to play).  It has never been apart looking at the screws, so I think that it was made this way.  I picked it up at a Game On Games store in Nebraska as a used NES game for my collection, never thinking that it could be a mistake until I tried playing the game....

Ponch ®

From what I remember correctly, I didn't have very many 7800-specific games - most were 2600 games I inherited from my uncles and older cousins. Somehow I remember the games: Pole Position II, Asteroids II, Centipede, JAWS, and Karateka. The latter two were awful and downright unplayable. Its my understanding that games sucked bc most developers had exclusive deals to make games only for Nintendo.

timmycharger

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 14, 2019, 05:36:56 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on January 14, 2019, 03:56:14 PM

Thank you, Ponch ®.  Not very often, I might take a different one out each year or so to play with.  Now that they sell retro playing consoles that will play the original game cartridges, I might drop doing that to keep the wear and tear down on them.  My relatives are just waiting for me to die to sell all of it off and spend the money on who knows what...

I did not get my first NES until 1989, when I was a junior in high school.  I paid $125 (new) out of my work funds that I got for cleaning a printing shop to get it.  It took me months to get that amount saved up.  My father said I still had my Atari to play with so why was I wasting my money on this new gaming system.  He bought me the first Atari 2600 way back when they first came out (1978 or 1979) for around $300 for my birthday and part of my Christmas presents for that year.  My mother conned him into buying it as a means to get the family to play it together.  He thought that by spending so much on it, I would want to play it the rest of my life.  That was until the NES came along and had such better graphics.  I still have all of my games for that system, plus the ones that I have picked up over the years from garage sales/flea markets/dumpsters. 

When the NES became so popular, ALCO (a rural version of K-Mart) dropped carrying the Atari systems and drastically reduced the prices on what they had.  I was buying brand-new Atari 2600 and Atari 5200 games for as low as 25 cents a piece, so I stockpiled on some of them.  I still have a few of them still NIB, including a copy of Dig-Dug.  Unfortunately, I got made fun of because I was so behind the times by my classmates, as they were all playing NES.

The Atari 7800 is an odd one, as it only really lasted a year or so on the market.  NES was so popular that it basically killed off all of its competitors, including the video arcade machines.  Many people do not know that the 7800 system even existed, but it did have good games to play. 

I do have two NES cartridges that are classified as rare in my collection.  One is an original copy of Pesterminator (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesterminator:_The_Western_Exterminator).  It was a send-away promo from a pest control company around 1990.  They only made about 50,000 of that game with only a few that actually got sent out before they destroyed the remaining stock.  The other is rather common, except it is likely a factory error.  It is a copy of Kid Icarus, but when played is a copy of Gyromite (a game that you need ROB the robot to play).  It has never been apart looking at the screws, so I think that it was made this way.  I picked it up at a Game On Games store in Nebraska as a used NES game for my collection, never thinking that it could be a mistake until I tried playing the game....

That is awesome, thanks for sharing man. I didn't know much about Atari since my Dad was very stubborn and insisted that the Intellivision was better so that is what I played. Having played both, some games were much better for the Intellivision but the controls were difficult for some.  For us, Sears had the knock off games that we got for the Intellivision but they were still pricey. I played that up until I got the Sega Master System, again my Dad got me that because he hated Nintendo LOL. 

I made a working tower out of my favorite systems hooked up with a splitter so when me and my sons want to play some old school games, it is very simple to play any one of them.  I even hooked up the Pong game my Dad bought himself in 1977 after quitting smoking as a reward.

Played my son in his room and got my ass kicked at Madden 19 on his xbox, then went down the basement and schooled him on Intellivision football. I needed to break out the original book to figure out the plays!

The Atari is a newer fake one, I'll get the real deal soon enough.

A quick shot of our RC bench, My Sons have modern RC cars, I have some as well but I like taking out the old ones once and a while but they get more expensive to fix as the years go by.

Ponch ®

Quote from: timmycharger on January 14, 2019, 06:56:00 PM

The Atari is a newer fake one, I'll get the real deal soon enough.

How does the gaming experience on those "retro" newer consoles compare vs. the originals? I see them all the time at stores and whatnot and I'm always tempted, but don't want to be disappointed based on past experiences. Little things, like the feel of the controllers/joystick, the buttons, etc.

timmycharger

The new Atari feels cheap. The controller is too light and doesnt move properly in my opinion.  The games I tried seemed ok in regards to look and sound but my experience with Atari is limited.

Chad L. Magee

Timmycharger - Nice collection you have there.  Back in the 2000s, I will say I did school my two nephews a few times on some of the older systems.  Now they could care less about video games.  Sad....

Ponch - As for the retro consoles, I have both the NES classic (actually two of them) and the SNES classic, but have only played the first one.  The NES classic is worth buying at $60, as you get a decent selection of games to play.  I have heard that the SNES classic is better (it costs $80), but I will need to buy another one to play with (darn!).  I still have one NES classic new in the box as a collectible.  My one complaint is that they did not make the controller cord long enough, so I bought a 6 foot extension to add to mine.  If you are considering buying either one, they are saying that Nintendo will not be making more of them in the future....

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 15, 2019, 01:18:30 PM

Ponch - As for the retro consoles, I have both the NES classic (actually two of them) and the SNES classic, but have only played the first one.  The NES classic is worth buying at $60, as you get a decent selection of games to play.  I have heard that the SNES classic is better (it costs $80), but I will need to buy another one to play with (darn!).  I still have one NES classic new in the box as a collectible.  My one complaint is that they did not make the controller cord long enough, so I bought a 6 foot extension to add to mine.  If you are considering buying either one, they are saying that Nintendo will not be making more of them in the future....

Those have been on my radar since they came out, and Ive heard good things about them. I kinda lost my enthusiasm because of how expensive and hard to get they were for about a year or so after they came out, but I see them pop up on offerup and they like for reasonable prices. Maybe I should grab one (or both) now.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 15, 2019, 05:10:09 PM

Those have been on my radar since they came out, and Ive heard good things about them. I kinda lost my enthusiasm because of how expensive and hard to get they were for about a year or so after they came out, but I see them pop up on offerup and they like for reasonable prices. Maybe I should grab one (or both) now.

They are at many stores and can be bought off of amazon last I checked.  I am seriously thinking of picking up the other SNES classic to play with someday.  Oh, you can also get wireless controllers for both systems....

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 15, 2019, 05:25:09 PM

Ponch - As for the retro consoles, I have both the NES classic (actually two of them) and the SNES classic, but have only played the first one.  The NES classic is worth buying at $60, as you get a decent selection of games to play.  I have heard that the SNES classic is better (it costs $80), but I will need to buy another one to play with (darn!).  I still have one NES classic new in the box as a collectible.  My one complaint is that they did not make the controller cord long enough, so I bought a 6 foot extension to add to mine.  If you are considering buying either one, they are saying that Nintendo will not be making more of them in the future....

They are at many stores and can be bought off of amazon last I checked.  I am seriously thinking of picking up the other SNES classic to play with someday.  Oh, you can also get wireless controllers for both systems....

I think im gonna go with the classic. the SNES only has like three games I was really into (Super Mario World, F-ZERO, and Star Fox)...if they ever license NHLPA 93 from EA and make it a downloadable add on, id be all in.

b5blue

I've both NES classic and Super NES. Both bought more or less on a fluke of luck I don't normally have. A co-worker found some NES at the V.A. commissary and picked up one for me and at the same commissary later I walked in the day they were due out and jokingly said "Hey I'm here for my new Super NES" and the clerk went over to the locked cabinet and got me the last one they had.  :lol:
 I missed the entire console game thing and later my kids had SEGA and XBOX/PlayStation but by then in single dad mode had no time to really play. So these sit waiting for me to actually attempt playing.  :2thumbs:

DixieRestoParts

1) Mopar muscle Cars - I have 3, that's a start.

2) Weapons - just about any kind, but have lots of black powder stuff and WWII stuff

3) Military memorabilia

4) History books
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Mytur Binsdirti

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 15, 2019, 07:43:51 PM

Ponch - As for the retro consoles, I have both the NES classic (actually two of them) and the SNES classic, but have only played the first one.  The NES classic is worth buying at $60, as you get a decent selection of games to play.  I have heard that the SNES classic is better (it costs $80), but I will need to buy another one to play with (darn!).  I still have one NES classic new in the box as a collectible.  My one complaint is that they did not make the controller cord long enough, so I bought a 6 foot extension to add to mine.  If you are considering buying either one, they are saying that Nintendo will not be making more of them in the future....

They are at many stores and can be bought off of amazon last I checked.  I am seriously thinking of picking up the other SNES classic to play with someday.  Oh, you can also get wireless controllers for both systems....

I think im gonna go with the classic. the SNES only has like three games I was really into (Super Mario World, F-ZERO, and Star Fox)...if they ever license NHLPA 93 from EA and make it a downloadable add on, id be all in.

Ponch - I got to thinking that you may want to consider buying a Nintendo Switch if you do not buy either classic system, but it is more money ($400 last I checked).  Nintendo is allowing Switch users access to the NES inventory for a monthly fee, something like $15-20 a month.  Yes, I know that seems like a lot of money, but you would be legally getting to play most of the inventory of games on their system.  I do not know if it has the SNES games on there or not....

nvrbdn

I have bought a few of these systems from yard sales. Was just getting them for the grand kids, and put them in the camper for rainy day fun. I have 3 original Nintendo systems with 50+ games, a Nintendo 64 with a dozen games, a Sega Genesis with 35 games, an original Atari with quite a few games and a system I cant remember what it is that plays disc's, but is hiding in the back of a closet.(may be a Sega disc system?) I remember the one game I liked to play on that system was a "Dukes of Hazzard" game. I have the 64 set up for the grand kids, And a Nintendo original game system set up in the bedroom for me because I like playing "Festers Quest". Love that game from that old system.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 16, 2019, 12:55:17 PM
I have bought a few of these systems from yard sales. Was just getting them for the grand kids, and put them in the camper for rainy day fun. I have 3 original Nintendo systems with 50+ games, a Nintendo 64 with a dozen games, a Sega Genesis with 35 games, an original Atari with quite a few games and a system I cant remember what it is that plays disc's, but is hiding in the back of a closet.(may be a Sega disc system?) I remember the one game I liked to play on that system was a "Dukes of Hazzard" game. I have the 64 set up for the grand kids, And a Nintendo original game system set up in the bedroom for me because I like playing "Festers Quest". Love that game from that old system.

There was a Dukes of Hazzard game for the PS1.  Was it like this?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dukes_of_Hazzard:_Racing_for_Home

I still play Festers Quest occasionally on the NES, but I like to cheat with an special controller with an automatic fire option (useful with some of his strange guns that he picks up)....

nvrbdn

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 16, 2019, 04:41:33 PM

I still play Festers Quest occasionally on the NES, but I like to cheat with an special controller with an automatic fire option (useful with some of his strange guns that he picks up)....

Yes, That is the other system I have. I think we have about 30 games with that one. Thanks!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Some would not call it a collection, but mostly DVD's of old tv shows I used to like growing up that you can get and a lot of movies. My list is still growing. I am not listing my movie collection as I have over 100 movies. But, most of the tv shows I think all of you would know. I have all these as the complete series -
Emergency
Adam 12
CHiP's
Movin' On
Simon & Simon
Hardcastle and McCormick
Black Sheep Squadron
Voyage To the Bottom of the Sea
Space 1999
The Munster's
WKRP In Cincinnati
Benny Hill Show
Home Improvement
Seinfeld
Riptide
The Lone Gunmen
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Combat
The Rat Patrol
The Muppet Show (can only get the first 3 seasons for now.)
Battle Star Galactica (original series)
Battle Star Galactica 1980
Star Trek (First gen movies)
Beavis and Butthead
Doctor Doctor (Matt Frewer Known for Max Headroom was the main star. The show was a head of it's time covering topics of being gay, having Aids, and other controversial topics and using humor to do it. I loved the show personally. This is one of the episodes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fbkfieoL0 )

NEWER SHOWS -
Star Trek (Second gen movies)
Band Of Brothers
The Pacific
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Person Of Interest
Outback Truckers (Australian show)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

alfaitalia

I know most of those shows...one or two were new to me...maybe US only shows? Nice to see a couple of British shows in there too!

70 sublime

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 18, 2019, 10:03:15 AM
Some would not call it a collection, but mostly DVD's of old tv shows I used to like growing up that you can get and a lot of movies. My list is still growing. I am not listing my movie collection as I have over 100 movies. But, most of the tv shows I think all of you would know. I have all these as the complete series -
Emergency
Adam 12
CHiP's
Movin' On
Simon & Simon
Hardcastle and McCormick
Black Sheep Squadron
Space 1999
The Munster's
WKRP In Cincinnati
Benny Hill Show
Home Improvement
Seinfeld
Riptide
The Lone Gunmen
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Combat
The Rat Patrol
Beavis and Butthead
Doctor Doctor (Matt Frewer Known for Max Headroom was the main star. The show was a head of it's time covering topics of being gay, having Aids, and other controversial topics and using humor to do it. I loved the show personally. This is one of the episodes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fbkfieoL0 )

NEWER SHOWS -
Band Of Brothers
The Pacific
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Person Of Interest

No BJ and the Bear ?
Dan Tanna ?
They would both seem to fit in with your list :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ACUDANUT

Speaking of overseas movies.  Pinky Blinders was awesome.
Kern Dog collects Hairy Bev's porn. lol AND GAY MIDGET CLOWN PORN.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 18, 2019, 12:48:53 PM
Quote from: TruckDriver on January 18, 2019, 10:03:15 AM
Emergency
Adam 12
CHiP's
Movin' On
Simon & Simon
Hardcastle and McCormick
Black Sheep Squadron
Space 1999
The Munster's
WKRP In Cincinnati
Benny Hill Show
Home Improvement
Seinfeld
Riptide
The Lone Gunmen
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Combat
The Rat Patrol
Beavis and Butthead

NEWER SHOWS -
Band Of Brothers
The Pacific
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Person Of Interest

No BJ and the Bear ?
Dan Tanna ?
They would both seem to fit in with your list :)

I did watch BJ and the Bear, but it never was a favorite of mine. I loved the truck though. Maybe in the future if I can get it cheap. I totally forgot about Vegas (Dan Tanna). There are a few others I want but either waiting for prices to come down, or 1 or more of the series to be released yet, things like that. Once season 5 of Gotham is over and released, I'll get that one too. Also eventually "Dukes" will be in my collection.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 18, 2019, 12:09:35 PM
I know most of those shows...one or two were new to me...maybe US only shows? Nice to see a couple of British shows in there too!

My mom LOVES British tv shows. You would not believe her collection. Anyway, I like a few also. I am thinking of getting the Dr. Who shows from Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison. Those were the only years i watched, lost interest after those guys.
PETE

69wannabe

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 17, 2019, 12:40:04 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 16, 2019, 04:41:33 PM

Yes, That is the other system I have. I think we have about 30 games with that one. Thanks!!!!

I do have a PS 1 and PS 2 for the dukes of hazzard games. Basically the only reason I had to have them just to see what the dukes games would be like. I picked up 2 NES consoles but could only get one of them to work. I have been playing Mike Tyson's punch out for about a month now on and off and I can beat all of them except for him. I could beat him when I was a kid but my mind doesn't work that fast anymore I guess. I can get to the 2nd round sometimes but that's about it. I had an OG atari 2600 and I have no idea where it went to but that was my first game console then an odessey and then the NES. I enjoy playing the old games but I aint no good at it anymore, LOL Got alot of movies from car movies to comedy's to action and then horror. Mostly older movies and some newer.  Y'all got some awesome game collections on here, glad i'm not the only old school nerd here.....

69wannabe

Update on my punch out game, since winter time has set in here pretty hard the last couple days I have been zeroed in trying to beat Tyson and today I finally got lucky and beat him in the second round by TKO!!! Took me awhile but I finally got it done!! LOL

b5blue

nvrbdn

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 20, 2019, 09:19:28 PM
Update on my punch out game, since winter time has set in here pretty hard the last couple days I have been zeroed in trying to beat Tyson and today I finally got lucky and beat him in the second round by TKO!!! Took me awhile but I finally got it done!! LOL

Nice job.  :woohoo:  Guess we found what the winter is good for. I am doing a few model kits and playing a few games!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 18, 2019, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on January 18, 2019, 12:09:35 PM

My mom LOVES British tv shows. You would not believe her collection. Anyway, I like a few also. I am thinking of getting the Dr. Who shows from Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison. Those were the only years i watched, lost interest after those guys.

I picked up Red Dwarf seasons 1-8 last month.  Just finished watching season 4.  You might want to check it out if you are into scifi comedy....

b5blue

alfaitalia

Danny Jon Jules....(the CAT in Red Dwarf) used to be a customer of mine back in the day. He also did the last series of Strictly Come Dancing in the UK ("Dancing with the Stars" I believe its called over there). Funny man

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 16, 2019, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on January 15, 2019, 07:43:51 PM

Ponch - I got to thinking that you may want to consider buying a Nintendo Switch if you do not buy either classic system, but it is more money ($400 last I checked).  Nintendo is allowing Switch users access to the NES inventory for a monthly fee, something like $15-20 a month.  Yes, I know that seems like a lot of money, but you would be legally getting to play most of the inventory of games on their system.  I do not know if it has the SNES games on there or not....

Yeah, I'd heard about that. Its quit a bit of coin, esp. since I'm a casual gamer at best. I think at that point I'd try to find a decent old school SNES and the game(s) I want.

b5blue

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: b5blue on January 21, 2019, 05:57:57 PM
Smeg! The boys from the Dwarf!

Yep, the one and only!  Last I heard, they are planning on doing filming for season 13 this year....

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 22, 2019, 08:27:57 AM
Danny Jon Jules....(the CAT in Red Dwarf) used to be a customer of mine back in the day. He also did the last series of Strictly Come Dancing in the UK ("Dancing with the Stars" I believe its called over there). Funny man

Yes, he is a funny guy.  They have additional material in my seasons 1-8 box set that he is hilarious in...

Chad L. Magee

I forgot to mention that I also collect hard rock/thrash/1980s/grundge music CDs.  My collection is pushing around 600+ by now.  I burn them into my computer to actually listen to them and keep the CDs in a storage tub just in case I need them again.  Picked up a gold nugget last week at the thrift store.  They were having a half price sale and I found Megadeth's Risk CD in the pile.  Not their best album, but ok worth picking up.  However, it was signed by all four members of the group.  Price at checkout: 99 cents + taxes.  Got to love those type of finds...

Twelve years ago, I picked up a CD/ticket stub collection that was signed by all of the members of U2 at a garage sale.  That one only cost me seventy five cents as they wanted everything gone by the end of the day.  One of the postdocs I worked with offered me $100 for it at the time but I turned him down.  You never know what you might find out there if you look hard enough....

RiverRaider

Everything Mopar like the rest of us!

1/24 scale vintage slot cars Strombecker, Cox etc
Early SSP's and Sizzlers
Control line planes
Large scale R/C ... 1/72 warships, Raco 1/4 scale 1/6 tanks
WWII military and cold war items
Firearms
Naval Drawings, Plans, Books
Oil and garage industry items
And much more
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

b5blue

bakerhillpins

I collect/restore pinball machines/video games from the 80s-90s. They're mostly just collecting dust at the moment though. Some projects some ready to play.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ACUDANUT

I am into M-151 jeeps. Vietnam era. :cheers:

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.