News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you like to "collect"?

Started by b5blue, January 07, 2019, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

nvrbdn

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 20, 2019, 09:19:28 PM
Update on my punch out game, since winter time has set in here pretty hard the last couple days I have been zeroed in trying to beat Tyson and today I finally got lucky and beat him in the second round by TKO!!! Took me awhile but I finally got it done!! LOL

Nice job.  :woohoo:  Guess we found what the winter is good for. I am doing a few model kits and playing a few games!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 18, 2019, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on January 18, 2019, 12:09:35 PM
I know most of those shows...one or two were new to me...maybe US only shows? Nice to see a couple of British shows in there too!

My mom LOVES British tv shows. You would not believe her collection. Anyway, I like a few also. I am thinking of getting the Dr. Who shows from Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison. Those were the only years i watched, lost interest after those guys.

I picked up Red Dwarf seasons 1-8 last month.  Just finished watching season 4.  You might want to check it out if you are into scifi comedy....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

b5blue

alfaitalia

Danny Jon Jules....(the CAT in Red Dwarf) used to be a customer of mine back in the day. He also did the last series of Strictly Come Dancing in the UK ("Dancing with the Stars" I believe its called over there). Funny man
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 16, 2019, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on January 15, 2019, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 15, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on January 15, 2019, 05:10:09 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 15, 2019, 01:18:30 PM

Ponch - As for the retro consoles, I have both the NES classic (actually two of them) and the SNES classic, but have only played the first one.  The NES classic is worth buying at $60, as you get a decent selection of games to play.  I have heard that the SNES classic is better (it costs $80), but I will need to buy another one to play with (darn!).  I still have one NES classic new in the box as a collectible.  My one complaint is that they did not make the controller cord long enough, so I bought a 6 foot extension to add to mine.  If you are considering buying either one, they are saying that Nintendo will not be making more of them in the future....

Those have been on my radar since they came out, and Ive heard good things about them. I kinda lost my enthusiasm because of how expensive and hard to get they were for about a year or so after they came out, but I see them pop up on offerup and they like for reasonable prices. Maybe I should grab one (or both) now.

They are at many stores and can be bought off of amazon last I checked.  I am seriously thinking of picking up the other SNES classic to play with someday.  Oh, you can also get wireless controllers for both systems....

I think im gonna go with the classic. the SNES only has like three games I was really into (Super Mario World, F-ZERO, and Star Fox)...if they ever license NHLPA 93 from EA and make it a downloadable add on, id be all in.

Ponch - I got to thinking that you may want to consider buying a Nintendo Switch if you do not buy either classic system, but it is more money ($400 last I checked).  Nintendo is allowing Switch users access to the NES inventory for a monthly fee, something like $15-20 a month.  Yes, I know that seems like a lot of money, but you would be legally getting to play most of the inventory of games on their system.  I do not know if it has the SNES games on there or not....

Yeah, I'd heard about that. Its quit a bit of coin, esp. since I'm a casual gamer at best. I think at that point I'd try to find a decent old school SNES and the game(s) I want.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

b5blue

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: b5blue on January 21, 2019, 05:57:57 PM
Smeg! The boys from the Dwarf!

Yep, the one and only!  Last I heard, they are planning on doing filming for season 13 this year....

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 22, 2019, 08:27:57 AM
Danny Jon Jules....(the CAT in Red Dwarf) used to be a customer of mine back in the day. He also did the last series of Strictly Come Dancing in the UK ("Dancing with the Stars" I believe its called over there). Funny man

Yes, he is a funny guy.  They have additional material in my seasons 1-8 box set that he is hilarious in...

Chad L. Magee

I forgot to mention that I also collect hard rock/thrash/1980s/grundge music CDs.  My collection is pushing around 600+ by now.  I burn them into my computer to actually listen to them and keep the CDs in a storage tub just in case I need them again.  Picked up a gold nugget last week at the thrift store.  They were having a half price sale and I found Megadeth's Risk CD in the pile.  Not their best album, but ok worth picking up.  However, it was signed by all four members of the group.  Price at checkout: 99 cents + taxes.  Got to love those type of finds...

Twelve years ago, I picked up a CD/ticket stub collection that was signed by all of the members of U2 at a garage sale.  That one only cost me seventy five cents as they wanted everything gone by the end of the day.  One of the postdocs I worked with offered me $100 for it at the time but I turned him down.  You never know what you might find out there if you look hard enough....

RiverRaider

Everything Mopar like the rest of us!

1/24 scale vintage slot cars Strombecker, Cox etc
Early SSP's and Sizzlers
Control line planes
Large scale R/C ... 1/72 warships, Raco 1/4 scale 1/6 tanks
WWII military and cold war items
Firearms
Naval Drawings, Plans, Books
Oil and garage industry items
And much more
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

b5blue

bakerhillpins

I collect/restore pinball machines/video games from the 80s-90s. They're mostly just collecting dust at the moment though. Some projects some ready to play.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ACUDANUT

I am into M-151 jeeps. Vietnam era. :cheers:

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.