News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Rear Window Interior Trim

Started by TexasDave, January 15, 2019, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasDave

Need help in locating the plastic trim that goes around the interior of the rear window for a Bird.  I checked most of the suppliers and no one has a set listed.  A couple places list them for Daytonas, but nothing for the Bird.  Thanks!!

DAY CLONA

IIRC, your best bet is the windshield interior headliner trim 60's-70's GM products....

white

He's correct, much easier and cheaper to. Can paint it any color you want.

TexasDave

thanks guys, but I'm not sure what you mean.  Not sure how I should order them, is there a specific make, model and year I should use?  What company do you suggest?  I've never dealt with GM parts suppliers before!!

taxspeaker

My son has 3d scanned the actual originals from 1 of my birds and is printing them, but has not yet achieved the exact finish of the original. They include all Chrysler numbers and he is working on other plastic parts and fender scoops. Hopes to have scoops available within 3-4 weeks-the also will have correct stamping numbers.

hemi68charger

Quote from: taxspeaker on January 15, 2019, 09:15:45 PM
My son has 3d scanned the actual originals from 1 of my birds and is printing them, but has not yet achieved the exact finish of the original. They include all Chrysler numbers and he is working on other plastic parts and fender scoops. Hopes to have scoops available within 3-4 weeks-the also will have correct stamping numbers.

Wow !!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: TexasDave on January 15, 2019, 08:44:02 PM
thanks guys, but I'm not sure what you mean.  Not sure how I should order them, is there a specific make, model and year I should use?  What company do you suggest?  I've never dealt with GM parts suppliers before!!

Probably stuff like this...

1968-1972 GTO Headliner Moldings, Interior Side link

Mike, is this what you mean?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

graybo

Quote from: taxspeaker on January 15, 2019, 09:15:45 PM

Did your son ever make the interior trim?  Thanks

Sgt Superbird

This response may be way late to the party, but I was looking for the same item, the interior rear window trim for my Bird, last year. It is a one piece flexible vinyl item, found on 1970 4 door B-Bodies. I obtained a nice green one and dyed it black. Looks perfect. As you know, there is also a small black metal clip that connects the free ends. Once in awhile you will find the clips for sale - one of which is on eBay presently.

62 Max

Quote from: Sgt Superbird on March 04, 2020, 07:47:19 AM
This response may be way late to the party, but I was looking for the same item, the interior rear window trim for my Bird, last year. It is a one piece flexible vinyl item, found on 1970 4 door B-Bodies. I obtained a nice green one and dyed it black. Looks perfect. As you know, there is also a small black metal clip that connects the free ends. Once in awhile you will find the clips for sale - one of which is on eBay presently.

The clip is easy to make yourself if you take your time.

odcics2

Always best to use original Mopar Parts!    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

odcics2

Quote from: 62 Max on March 04, 2020, 01:34:28 PM

The clip is easy to make yourself if you take your time.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Superbird-Rear-Window-Clip-Original/184158472776?hash=item2ae0b34a48:g:OQYAAOSwtpFcvk0g

Enough pics here to replicate one.   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Sgt Superbird

Make that, at least two on eBay right now!