News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking For My Long Lost '68 Coronet R/T

Started by mr. hemi, January 15, 2019, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiMopar

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

mr. hemi

I was able to make contact with the current owner. We will chat next week.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

70 sublime

How many registered owners since it was in your name ?

mr. hemi

Seven, in addition to myself. Even a used car dealer!
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

TiMopar

Great news, looking forward to hearing the outcome!

Definitely an Old Timer

See Mike - the "old timer" does actually know something (ie. suggesting that you run the VIN at the MTO).

I remember providing you some parts for the car when you were rebuilding it, but that was 35 years ago. Might have been an oil pan?

I wouldn't mind buying my old '66 Hemi Satellite back, but that went in 1981. Sold it and my Superbird to finance going to school in England as you may recall. Some good did come out of that trip though. I still see Tim Fennell  (Ti Mopar on this site) in the UK every time I am there. Saw him twice in the last couple weeks.

I doubt I could find the VIN for the Satellite now. And the Hemi is probably long gone. I still remember the VIN for the Superbird in my head, but I wouldn't want another. Once was enough.

Good luck with the discussions with the current owner of your old Coronet.

mr. hemi

Yes Mr. Dave I knew how to do it, just the last time I tried, the MTO office was less than helpful. A product of this day and age of privacy laws and stolen identities I guess. The fact that I have known the woman for years that runs the local MTO office made it a little easier as well.

Where are you at and what are you up too?

Definitely an Old Timer

Still in London, Mike, since 1983.

I don't have a muscle car these days but do have three 1973 Imperials. You may remember my fixation with "boats". My Dad had a triple black 1972 Imperial "back in the day" and I loved that car. Despite my looking, the best I could do was a 1973. No difference really, except for the bumper "tits" that Chrysler came up with for 1973.

I have a seriously bad back so working on cars is mostly out for me now. I've been tempted though, by the new Dodge muscle cars - I was on the list for the Demon (a friend owns a Chrysler dealership) but no cigar. I seem also to always be looking for a Chrysler 300 SRT8 (see the boat fixation above). I've not yet found the perfect one of those.

I'm still in the real estate business, but I have enough dough: I'd like to pack it in. Her Ladyship though (my wife) plans to continue to work so she'd probably not be pleased to have me sitting around all day. As a result I expect I'll continue until I'm 65 as well!

Nice to hear from you. I plan to go to Mopar Day out at St. Thomas Dragway (London Motorsports Park) this year.  Perhaps I'll see you there. And Tim from England and I are considering going to the Mopar Nats. Tim turns 60 this year, so it would be a road trip to celebrate that.

mr. hemi

Spoke with the current owner a couple of week's ago. The car is still in Ontario and driven. Current owner is looking at freshening it up a bit. He had no knowledge of the previous history of the car. Not many people do actually. Sent him some early photos, although I did not really have many from that far back. He sent me a few recent photos in return.

Cheers

TiMopar

mr. hemi

No plans at the moment, although if I make it to Moparfest in New Hamburg this year I may cross paths with him. Depends if I am away from home for work at the time. Included a recent photo he sent me.

70 sublime

TiMopar

Dave Kanofsky

Cool!

I went to Moparfest last year and had a great time, I recommend it!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

tan top

Quote from: mr. hemi on February 18, 2019, 05:11:27 PM
No plans at the moment, although if I make it to Moparfest in New Hamburg this year I may cross paths with him. Depends if I am away from home for work at the time. Included a recent photo he sent me.

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mytur Binsdirti

Stevetona

Glad you were able to get help from the MTO. Its hit and miss with them I find.