News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Performance Flywheel 4529142 flywheel questions

Started by chaaargerb, January 17, 2019, 02:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

Hi Everyone. I am trying to get my clutch and pressure plate figured out for my bird. I have a new 4529142 mopar performance 130 tooth flywheel. and I'm trying to get the correct clutch and pressure plate. The motor is built to stock specks and so is the 18 spline tranny. Has anyone used this flywheel before? anything good or bad about it? I do still have the original flywheel if I need to use it but would prefer to use the new one. Thanks for any input. :2thumbs:   

SBBob

All hemi flywheels were 8 bolt, not sure if your picture is correct or not to yours.  Hemi pressure plate and disc are a 10.95 inch clutch on a 10.5 inch bolt pattern for 1970.  I went to a McLeod after market.  My flywheel was just turned and everything was super.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

chaaargerb

I was doing some research on the flywheel and it say's it is for externally balance engines. My engine is a stock built 70 440 hp with the big rods. When I had the machine work done on the motor I had the thing balanced. The new flywheel is not cut or drilled like it was ever balanced. It also weighs about 30 pounds. I don't know if I can use it as is or if it should be sent out and balanced?   

sccachallenger

I think the Mopar Performance engine book shows drawings of what the externally balanced 'wheels look like.
I would have thought your machine shop would have asked you to bring the flywheel along with the other parts when they were doing the balancing.
Should have also asked for your harmonic balancer.
I think I'd give them a call.