News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone looking for a 400 engine ?

Started by ACUDANUT, January 18, 2019, 02:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

The nfl union got involved and threatened it as free speach. No it didnt go to court.   I dont care what hat you wear at work. But in the case you are inferring into it, it depends on the state this business is in, the type of business (je government owned), and what rules are in place when the termination document says "fired for wearing a make america great again hat" its a loaded question and you know it. In some states it is legal, in others it is a felony charge. My opinion on that matter is irrelevant to the law of the state that it theoretically happened in.

Ponch ®

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 30, 2019, 01:57:40 PM
The nfl union got involved and threatened it as free speach. No it didnt go to court.   I dont care what hat you wear at work. But in the case you are inferring into it, it depends on the state this business is in, the type of business (je government owned), and what rules are in place when the termination document says "fired for wearing a make america great again hat" its a loaded question and you know it. In some states it is legal, in others it is a felony charge. My opinion on that matter is irrelevant to the law of the state that it theoretically happened in.

you lost me at felony charge. but ok.

I'd love to give you all a nice primer on basic constitutional principles of federalism, supremacy clause, state action requirement, levels of scrutiny, protected groups, and so on...but learning all of that was not cheap to me and I sure aint gonna give it away for free.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

c00nhunterjoe

I never asked for a lesson, nor do i need it. There are several states that have laws protecting party affiliation discrimination. New mexico i beleive is one that has it as a felony charge to fire someone for being affiliated with a particular party as does dc. There are a few others, but you can look that up yourself. Back to our site, simple machines is the host. They are based in nevada which means the laws there are what apply to its use. If nevada follows california like they usually do with their 1st ammendment cases, any censorship of anykind will be banned. They are still hashing it out in court and i think it stemmed with facebook and twitter. I dont think its law yet and I really dont care because this conversation tangent is not why i come to dodgecharger.com and im ending it here.

alfaitalia

Well this is all weird....must be a US thing because having read it through twice I still dont really have a clue what you are taking about!

......however I'd like a 383 or a 400...mainly because I've never seen a Charger without either 440 or Hemi in the UK so I could put either of them in the very rough 68 with a seized 440 in I'm thinking of buying and put it on the road until my car is (eventually) finished!...

...anyway...carry on!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 30, 2019, 12:14:08 PM
I could stand in Kern Dog's front yard holding a sign that says "Kern Dog loves veiny throbbing shafts"
I have no experience with anyone else's throbbing shaft, just my own. Maybe you have some experiences you feel guilty about? Repressed memories of leather and ball gags?

Kern Dog

I bet the same people who are saying "dc.com should not engage in censorship" are the same ones who want nfl teams to fire players who protest.

I say...If you are an employee that represents a team or a company, you either abide by their rules or leave and try your luck elsewhere.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 30, 2019, 08:43:12 PM
I bet the same people who are saying "dc.com should not engage in censorship" are the same ones who want nfl teams to fire players who protest.

I say...If you are an employee that represents a team or a company, you either abide by their rules or leave and try your luck elsewhere.

exactly. same goes for websites like this.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 31, 2019, 11:58:19 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on January 30, 2019, 08:43:12 PM

exactly. same goes for websites like this.

You mean we need to have a union negotiate a collective bargining aggrement with the website as to what we agree on for rules and regulations? Come on, its not the same thing.
   Now where is this engine located? Ive yet to hear any details on it.