News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proportioning Valve Rebuid Kit? 68 manual drum

Started by Iowa_Mopar, January 21, 2019, 04:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iowa_Mopar

Anyone know a source for a rebuild kit for the proportioning valve?   68 Charger manual drum brakes.  Weatherhead valve.

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Iowa_Mopar

birdsandbees

I call it a brake failure warning block (differential valve). It's not a proportioning valve. If you blow a line, front or rear, the spool shuttles and turns on the brake failure light on the dash.

If you followed the link John was nice enough to show you the rebuild parts and where to order from.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

BLK 68 R/T

John_Kunkel

green69rt

First pic is a distribution block, second a one piece proportioning/distribution  block.

BLK 68 R/T

Here is the official straight from the 69 FSM name.

Bobs69

In the above factory diagram what does the F and R on there Block stand for?

Front and rear?

Feed and return?

green69rt

Front and rear.  If you look at the tubing the rear is one tube and then splits at the rear axle and supplies both wheels.  So the F and R refer to front and rear.  A good source for details and parts is Dr Diff.   Here's the website and contact info. Call and talk to him.  :yesnod: :yesnod:

https://www.doctordiff.com/

John_Kunkel

Keep in mind that the front outlet on the MC goes to the rear brakes and vice-versa. IOW, R on the distribution block is plumbed to the front port on the MC.