News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stealth Superbird

Started by taxspeaker, January 22, 2019, 11:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

When I bought the Blue Superbird from the Hippy Drag Racer (Terry Sevener)'s estate, I really did not want to change anything, just fix the dozens of problems. We finished all but 2 of the mechanical issues but could not drive the car in the rain because of cracked and broken 45 year old bondo.

Last week we ground out the bondo, found no rust (!!) and repaired it and decided to go ahead and do what I have hinted at several months ago. We have now "Plasti-Dipped" the car stealth gray with Black letters. Plasti dip will peel off without issue for about 18 months, allowing us to leave the car alone. Ryan (my son) included a light amount of metal flake in the car when painted, and we re-created the picture from 2 weeks ago of it in the snow-not a problem to recreate snow here.
Anyway, here is the picture. I will put on my armor plating now for the comments ;) ;)

alfaitalia

I think that look very cool indeed. What does the plastidip look like close up though?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

taxspeaker

Up close it looks like a regular paint job, just don't pick at it!

alfaitalia

I've used plastidip before (on the wheels of my Jeep...stood up well to wear for a couple of years)....but only the matt finish stuff....no experience of the gloss stuff. The mat leaves quite an "orange peel" effect...so that's why I wondered.  :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

WINGIN IT

You have a nose shot Bob?
Did you re-decal the lights?

Birdflu

No need for armor plating from this corner! I actually really like the painted roof as well! (and the Cragers!)  :2thumbs:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Birdflu on January 23, 2019, 10:14:22 AM
No need for armor plating from this corner! I actually really like the painted roof as well! (and the Cragers!)  :2thumbs:

Agreed!  ...personally I would have opted for a Black Bird, but the gray fills it out nicely

farm966

Mytur Binsdirti

Plastidip? You mean the thick gooey stuff that coats the handles of pliers. Seriously?!?!?!? :eek2:

Being the extreme alpha male that I am, I often say here what many others here are thinking, and because I am the voice of reason in this ghost town of a website, I'm just going to come out and say it......

This has truly got to be the most bizarre thing to "paint" one's car with.

Do I assume that you have to look like this when you ride around in it??

I get it that ghetto kids and rappers coat their rides with this kind of stuff and other gaudy wraps, but you have a rare and high value car that is much deserving of a quality paint job.

OK, enough of the ribbing, even if it is true. I get it, it's your car and as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters, but I hope that you won't have this guy's issues if you ever decide to peal that ku-ku-doo-doo off.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9dBZrWXD_0

birdsandbees

I'm waiting for the "april fools" of photoshop.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

WINGIN IT

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 24, 2019, 09:50:49 AM
I'm waiting for the "april fools" of photoshop.

Then you will be waiting a long time... :yesnod: ;)

taxspeaker

Nose pictures with decals in a week ot so i am traveling right now.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: taxspeaker on January 25, 2019, 04:51:41 PM
Nose pictures with decals in a week ot so i am traveling right now.

Need to get your priorities straight Bob.
Wing cars first, work 2nd ,  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: ;)