News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for an old wingcar photo...

Started by DAY CLONA, January 11, 2019, 01:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Guys, I'm looking for an old wingcar photo I had, (lost it in a computer melt down, didn't back it up!) late 70's maybe early to mid 80's time date, customized Daytona or Superbird that had all 4 headlites (round lites) moved into a lower grill opening, car was light colored (silver or white IIRC) stock headlight doors were molded into the nose, I know the car made a few magazine shots back in the day, mostly B&W photos, I have a customer who wants to do something like this on his custom Superbird, and thought a photo might help him visualize the end result...I've searched my old mags, computer files, and net searches with no luck, if anybody is going to have it, it'll be here

TIA
Mike G

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 11, 2019, 01:53:43 PM
Guys, I'm looking for an old wingcar photo I had, (lost it in a computer melt down, didn't back it up!) late 70's maybe early to mid 80's time date, customized Daytona or Superbird that had all 4 headlites (round lites) moved into a lower grill opening, car was light colored (silver or white IIRC) stock headlight doors were molded into the nose, I know the car made a few magazine shots back in the day, mostly B&W photos, I have a customer who wants to do something like this on his custom Superbird, and thought a photo might help him visualize the end result...I've searched my old mags, computer files, and net searches with no luck, if anybody is going to have it, it'll be here

TIA
Mike G

I can visualize it.  Yeah, it would be "different" ! 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

nascarxx29

Was it the one that was turbo charged with chrome turn outs from fenders believe it was silver
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DAY CLONA

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 13, 2019, 09:49:46 AM
Was it the one that was turbo charged with chrome turn outs from fenders believe it was silver

No, old school custom, Car Craft National participant back in the day...

wingcar

just found this.....??
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

DAY CLONA

Quote from: wingcar on January 25, 2019, 01:46:30 PM
just found this.....??

Close but no cigar Joe  :icon_smile_wink: The one I'm looking for used all 4 round lights in a Superbird type grille opening opened up all the way like the one you posted, the upper nose skin was all molded in, no decals/blackout, IIRC it was a Daytona, the car was featured in a few Car Craft/Hot Rod mags back in the mid/late 70's, maybe early 80's, mostly B&W photos, had a really unique look/treatment

Mike

odcics2

Besides being butt ugly, leaves no cooling area.   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Somewhere, there is a straight on shot of this car, with the lights in the lower grille.    This car was all steel. 

Redbird

Here are 3 shots of the Dirty Sox car 1978.

I don't think this is what you are looking for Mike.

It did not have an original latch tray. It has a standard RR back window. I wonder what happened to all the parts?

hemi68charger

Quote from: odcics2 on January 25, 2019, 05:05:30 PM
Besides being butt ugly, leaves no cooling area.   :Twocents:

My very same thoughts... The look is a personal thing, but, man, not opening for cooling...

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection