News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968-70 Charger (or other 68-70 B Bodies) door lock knob rods

Started by VegasCharger, January 29, 2019, 05:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Anyone have pics of a door lock knob rod for 68-70 Charger?? Do other 68-70 non Charger B Bodies use the same rod?

This is the rod that has the threaded end to receive the plastic interior door lock knob and the other end going to the door latch.

Any side (RH or LH) will do. Also, the overall length measurement would help as well.

Thanks in advance.  :cheers:

green69rt

The arrangement of the 68 is different from the 69, maybe the 70.  68 has a rod coming straight up from the locking mechanism.  Since the 69 nob is located forward some  inches (maybe 6  :shruggy: ) there is a linkage that moves the rod forward, it has a pivot in it as shown below so maybe no relation to 68.  I'm guessing that what you really want is the 68 length.

VegasCharger

Quote from: green69rt on January 29, 2019, 02:00:01 PM
The arrangement of the 68 is different from the 69, maybe the 70.  68 has a rod coming straight up from the locking mechanism.  Since the 69 nob is located forward some  inches (maybe 6  :shruggy: ) there is a linkage that moves the rod forward, it has a pivot in it as shown below so maybe no relation to 68.  I'm guessing that what you really want is the 68 length.

Holy crap! I completely forgot about the door knob relocation factor from 68 to 69/70. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's a pic of one of the rods in question. I believe that this is the pass. side one based on where I found it in my parts heap. So if anything this would be the 69-70 version? It measures 9-7/8" in length.

:cheers:

kent

Kent

green69rt

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 29, 2019, 04:38:01 PM
Quote from: green69rt on January 29, 2019, 02:00:01 PM

Holy crap! I completely forgot about the door knob relocation factor from 68 to 69/70. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's a pic of one of the rods in question. I believe that this is the pass. side one based on where I found it in my parts heap. So if anything this would be the 69-70 version? It measures 9-7/8" in length.

:cheers:

Looks like 68 to me.  The end with the 90 bend goes into the lock mechanism with one of those nylon clips I would guess.