News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throwout Bearings

Started by Ghoste, January 29, 2019, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Why is there so much price difference between a Centerforce release bearing and a Hays?  Is there really that much difference between them?  Is one made in China?  Does Centerforce really have that much attached to their name they can nearly double the price?

c00nhunterjoe

I havnt replaced one in a long time. Whats the prices now? The centerforce that i had came with the clutch kit and lasted 15 years up until i sent a piston through the block at the top of 3rd.... cracked the bellhousing, smoked the clutch, but the bearing was still good. Lol.

Ghoste

Varies with the vendor of course but its roughly a little over a 100 bucks for a Centerforce one and everybody else seems to be around 65.  It just seemed odd to me that the one brand is so much more.

c00nhunterjoe

Im not sure who the end vendor is for them. I doubt it is made in house, but if it were, that could justify it. Cant be a rebox for that much markup, at least i hope not.

John_Kunkel

I doubt if any of the clutch manufacturers actually make the bearing part of their TO bearing assembly, so the bearing vendor's quality/price is the issue.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste