News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger R/T buckets: is no headrests possible?

Started by 69B5, January 29, 2019, 02:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69B5

Sorry if this had come up before, but I cannot find this topic (maybe I missed it)

So I have heard 3 different stories on Head rests on the 69 charger

#1: they did not have them in early 69, until it was required mid year by safety laws then they did

#2: it was always an option, but it was an added cost

#3: if you had buckets, they always had head rest on a 1969

Anyone know if a 69 charger should have headrests on the bucket seats? I like them, the style I think are cool, but mine didn't have them and since the seats are recovered, no idea if it ever did

BLK 68 R/T

Alaskan_TA

From the start of the '69 model year, the headrests were extra cost items

You could get right or left by itself or both as a pair.

See the C-codes at the bottom of the page at this link - http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Charger0016.jpg

john686970

My 69 500 did not have headrest seats. When I got the car it still had all that was left of the original interior in it including the front buckets that didn't have headrests. Supposedly 500s were all built in Feb but if that is the case they would have had headrests.

Ghoste

ht4spd307

so what your asking is can they be added to your seats short answer is yes as i think they were available in 68 as well so i'd say most the late 68 69 seats would have the facility to add them in

TN Mopar

Quote from: ht4spd307 on February 15, 2020, 01:24:08 AM
so what your asking is can they be added to your seats short answer is yes as i think they were available in 68 as well so i'd say most the late 68 69 seats would have the facility to add them in

This would be my opinion as I have read and seen them on 67 cars
Apparently the seats actually have the mounting bosses built in, but the 67 headrests are too rare
FYI my 66 seats do not have the mounts

A Google search does find pictures such as these 67 Charger seats

69_500

Quote from: john686970 on February 13, 2020, 10:12:11 PM
My 69 500 did not have headrest seats. When I got the car it still had all that was left of the original interior in it including the front buckets that didn't have headrests. Supposedly 500s were all built in Feb but if that is the case they would have had headrests.

All 500's were built between August and December of 1968.

hemi68charger

500s would be a mixture of with and without headrests... Daytonas on the other hand since all were built after Jan. 01 1969 had them..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection