News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Heater control

Started by John Milner, January 30, 2019, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Milner

I am missing the heater controls that bolt to the dash of my 68 Charger. My car has the original ac style heater box. I have found some non ac heater controls. Will this work with my ac style box? I have no intrerest in putting air conditioning in the car. I just want the heater and defroster to work.

VegasCharger

No.

A/C boxes are cable and vacuum controlled. Non AC boxes are cable controlled only. So a non AC control on an AC box wouldn't be able to (for example) divert the defrost flap. The AC box needs a vacuum to divert the defrost flapper. The only cable driven part on an AC box is the temp control where the cable goes from the control to the back side of the water valve on the firewall.

I think the fan speed switches are the same.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

John Milner

That does help.  Thanks for the information.  It looks like I will be on the hunt for an AC control unit. 

VegasCharger

Quote from: John Milner on January 31, 2019, 09:10:36 AM
That does help.  Thanks for the information.  It looks like I will be on the hunt for an AC control unit. 

You're welcome. :cheers: