News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Superbird - got one today

Started by taxspeaker, January 12, 2019, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

dakota_gt on Instagram

birdsandbees

Nice Bob !!! I found what your next purchase should be...  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

taxspeaker

Moparpoolman

I'm pretty sure I saw this car at Carlisle not too long ago. :scratchchin:  Is this that car?

taxspeaker

Yep. Mike Hill (previous owner and super nice guy) showed it at Carlisle and at MCACN in Barn find section. He got it from Sy (2nd previous owner), the above poster who commented on the headers.

Stevetona

He's the guy who bought the 2 birds in the woods and had one restored by Graveyard Cars right?

Birdflu

Quote from: Stevetona on February 03, 2019, 10:45:19 AM
He's the guy who bought the 2 birds in the woods and had one restored by Graveyard Cars right?

Correct...

RallyeMike

Neato. Hope you plan on leaving as is?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

farm966

That is a very nice car, I talked to Mike at Garlits a few years back and he showed me the car. The doors still shut nice and tight, it has very low miles, I guess 1/4 at a time. The hemi sounds strong as it should, the paint job is crazy for sure, congrats on getting the car Tax Speaker!

4cruzin

That's an awesome story!  Congrats!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

taxspeaker

Update on the Purple People Eater

We decided that there will be no changes to the car other than safety related. So, I have done some rewiring for safety, a real deep cleaning and a tune up and that's it. I fixed the alternator wiring and power steering and still hope to do some brake work. The engine runs and the tranny leaks some, and at some point I may nostalgia race it but for now its only going to be kept clean and dry in the shop, taken out 1 or 2 times a year for car shows. It will be sitting on the back of the old Dodge Ram ramp truck I just got so that it is easy to take to a show but not taking up extra room.

About 3 weeks ago there was a real nice local show about 3 miles from here. I decided to drive it (open headered hemi, slicks and all) to the show. Got there and back without being arrested and it was a real, and I mean a real hit. People could hear it coming for the last mile or so and were lined up to see the car. It is a real time capsule of history and the show affirmed it will stay that way. I will be bringing it to Talladega, but not driving it!