News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Grille Hardware Kit

Started by BrugeeRT, February 04, 2019, 10:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

So I ordered a grill hardware kit from classic industries which came with generic instructions.  I labeled all the screws I took out but I had a couple of questions since the screw I took out don't seem to match what is in the kit.  Where do the screws go marked with #1?  The kit says Grille top/Bottom in center but don't look like anything I took off the grille.   The screws circled #2 look the screws that hold the vacuum canister brackets to the grill but there is only 2 of them and I need 8.   They are just labeled grille assembly hardware.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Mark

BLK 68 R/T

In your picture, I have seen both installed in the center top and bottom position. So maybe they give you both options? Don't know which one is technically correct either.

Tims69SE

So I am at the same point as you on the grill install.  Purchased the hardware and was confused on the same 4 screws/bolts.  I have no idea where the screws circled #1 go, I am using the 2 bolts circled #2 on the top and bottom in the center of the grill, the only two that do not have the plastic spacers.  Glad someone else had same questions on the hardware, I thought it was just me.

BrugeeRT

Quote from: Tims69SE on March 26, 2019, 03:49:24 PM
So I am at the same point as you on the grill install.  Purchased the hardware and was confused on the same 4 screws/bolts.  I have no idea where the screws circled #1 go, I am using the 2 bolts circled #2 on the top and bottom in the center of the grill, the only two that do not have the plastic spacers.  Glad someone else had same questions on the hardware, I thought it was just me.

Also check the nuts circled in blue with the bolts that are provided that bolt the three plastic grill housing together.  The kit I received was the wrong thread count for the bolts so now I am on my way to Lowes to replace them.  Shouldn't have to do this with a $60 kit.
Mark

BrugeeRT

Mark

Lennard

Quote from: BrugeeRT on March 27, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
My kit came from Vans
In your first post you're saying you got it from Classic Industries.  :shruggy:

BrugeeRT

Quote from: Lennard on March 27, 2019, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: BrugeeRT on March 27, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
My kit came from Vans
In your first post you're saying you got it from Classic Industries.  :shruggy:

I had to go back through my emails since I ordered a bunch of different stuff for the grille from a bunch of different vendors and it was Van's.  My mistake on the first post.
Mark

Lennard