News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone bought a new 70 grille from classic industries ?

Started by charger_fan_4ever, February 05, 2019, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

I assume it would be on par with their other recent offerings.  A great option if you are in the need for a complete grill, or your original + donor will require lots of work.  They aren't perfect and the biggest issue I had with the 69 was that the paint wasn't consistent (they since made an all black option so the user can just paint to their own standard).  All in all, short of having a solid, repairable OE option, you can't go wrong. 
I got one of their earliest offerings, and aside from the paint I think a few were concerned about the rigidity of the grill...I think mounting it in the frame took care of that...might be worth searching for those threads as I didn't really keep up on the progression.

Another note, assuming this follows the path of their other grills, if you decide to pull the trigger do it early.  The initial shipments are often small and if you miss the cut-off you'll be waiting even longer.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

charger_fan_4ever

My original isnt horrible. Saggey ends probably the worse part.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 07, 2019, 10:06:49 AM

But that's factory correct on a '70, as this pictures shows from another thread here.

Derwud

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 07, 2019, 11:15:35 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 07, 2019, 10:06:49 AM

But that's factory correct on a '70, as this pictures shows from another thread here.

Pre-Prodcution crap, in 40 years of 70 Charger ownership I have never had a grille look that bad unless broken!!
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

kent

Same here. My grill has no sag like that what so ever. I need to repaint and fix a few holes that the original owner had made in the doors but no sag. As a matter of fact that is the only one that I have seen sagging? I guess maybe if those round white clips are broke or missing the upper grill would sag but wouldn't they do that on a 68 or 69 grill also?? I think that why they sell those kits? But that is a terrible picture. Flimsy looking.
Kent

Kern Dog

Mine isn't perfect but certainly better than the pink one.

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Kern Dog

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO !! :cheers:
Thank you, thank you very much!

alfaitalia

Always liked the wheel and tyre combo along with the stance on yours KD. :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 09, 2019, 10:22:06 AM
Always liked the wheel and tyre combo along with the stance on yours KD. :2thumbs:

Yup, killer car for sure. Also just reminded me to get a passenger side mirror.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 09, 2019, 10:22:06 AM
Wow...Thank you. I guess if you guys can be mature  and forgiving, I am obligated to do the same. I am humbled by your efforts.  :cheers:
THose wheels! They are a hit or miss thing for sure. Purists hate the bigger wheels. I don't usually care for rubber band low profile tires on a street driven car. I do like the look of a 17-18" combo with some sidewall though.